New Memory Card with E200!

Guest Brody

I popped into my lcoal Orange Retail store and enquired about the E200 and was shown various information including the confirmation of a £170 price tag on upgrades and new contracts (with costlier contracts driving down the price of the handset as always), the fact that it WILL be available on Pay As You Go for £280 and that it should be available to buy next week (he had expected delivery of handsets this week but it had not yet arrived). When i left i picked up the November Orange sales magazine and the back page has a full page advertisment for the E200, nothing new can be learnt from the advert apart from the inclusion of a new compilation memory card which could well be bigger than the Time Out card given away with the E100, only time will tell but this card holds the Time Out guide and much much more!

Buy the E200 now from your local Orange Shop and get a free Tools and Travel memory card, complete with a document viewing solution from ClearVue, a complete guide to 85 cities from Time Out and a compilation of music, video and Home screens from Ministry of Sound.
The inclusion of the ClearVue software is a definite step in the right direction allowing the viewing of Microsoft Office documents.

The Viewers open and view Native Microsoft Office 97, 2000, XP PowerPoint, Excel & Word files. The Viewers also open and view .JPG, .BMP & .PNG image files.

This also explains Orange's reason for writing that Office documents could be viewed on the phone.

Please excuse the quality of the photo, i took it with my E100 camera and its taken in low light, i couldn't find my digital camera!

MagazinePic.gif

Guest spacecowboy6982

Wow :shock: thats some fantastic info. you picked up there Brody. Im pretty excited to see that clearvue is going to allow us to view word, excel etc :)

A £170 seems about right for an upgrade - not long to go now...:!:

spacecowboy

Guest ant_thomas
Upgrades:

199.99 for tarrifs under £25

149.99 for tarrifs between £25 - £49.99, according to my local O Retail.

Availability within one week.

My god that isn't worth it at all.

I'm on an OVP contract so haven't been using Orange, but unlocked my SPV for use on O2. And I worked out if the phone is £280 on PAYG then I need the phone to be about £110 on upgrade for it to be worth it to carry on my contract. (Working out that 13.99*12 will be added to the upgrade fee)

My housemate ukpauls went into his local Orange retail store at home and they had the E200 stuff up on the wall with an original SPV dummy in the display and words to the value of Not Applicable next to the Pay As You Go Price :?

Guest wbloore

Does anybody know if Clearvue is definitely included on the phone (along with Time Out info, IA task manager etc). I cannot find it anywhere on my E200, and when I try to open an Excel speadsheet I get the message that no application is associated with the file. I can't find it on the 8MB SD card either.

Guest egghead101

i just went into orange shop and they gave me the old timeout card. i rang them and told them i coming back for the 32mb timeout, ministry, video card and they said don't know about it. good one orange... i am off back into the store so i will let you know...

I got my E200 today :lol: from an Orange shop. No new SD card, just the same old one. They were unaware of the promotion. As I couldn't remember where I'd seen the advert, I left it. Then I found this topic and phoned the shop. The new SD cards have arrived today, so I can go and pick one up on Monday.

Typical bloomin' Orange though. Advertise a promo they can't honour :roll:

Still, the earplugs might be useful one day :shock:

Seeing as I posted this topic it would be typical if i couldn't get the new memory card, well guess what!? I'll have to try back later in the Welwyn store to see if i can get one when they receive delivery.

Ps. Sorry to the Welwyn staff for pushing this but it does exist!

Guest Ron Jeremy

No there defintely is a new media card for the E200 called Tools and Travel. it's on limited availability and supply to retail is slow. It contains the following:

Clearvue: Office suite: 60 day trial (as opposed to the default 15 day trial you get on handango)

Timeout City Guide: (Updated content since E100 card)

Ministry of Sound: (4 WMA's, 4 WMV's, selection of homescreens and ringtones)

Corbis: (Selection of homescreens and a couple of "extreme" sport WMV's)