MPx200 - custom ring tones

Guest Rover975

Guest Rover975

I downloaded a couple of ringtones and loaded them on my MPx200. The ringtones can be heard via the settings/sounds/ring tone selection.

I added a custom ring tone to a contact and the ring tone does not play when the contact calls. The ring tone that is defined in the normal profile is the one that is heard when the contact calls.

I thought that maybe something is wrong with the ring tone that I downloaded; however, I went into the contact and selected one of the ring tones that comes with the MPx200 as the custom ring tone. The same thing happened. No custom ring tone when the contact calls.

Is there something else that needs to be done in order to activate the custom ring tone? Please advise. Thanks.

Guest SVT Amateur
I downloaded a couple of ringtones and loaded them on my MPx200.   The ringtones can be heard via the settings/sounds/ring tone selection.

I added a custom ring tone to a contact and the ring tone does not play when the contact calls.  The ring tone that is defined in the normal profile is the one that is heard when the contact calls.

I thought that maybe something is wrong with the ring tone that I downloaded; however, I went into the contact and selected one of the ring tones that comes with the MPx200 as the custom ring tone.  The same thing happened.  No custom ring tone when the contact calls.

Is there something else that needs to be done in order to activate the custom ring tone?  Please advise.  Thanks.

I believe this is a problem not with just the MPx200 but other smartphones as well. The phone searches your contacts alphabetically when someone calls in order to see if there is a match for the caller id. If your contact is toward the beginning of the list (i.e. name the contact 1John instead of John) then the ring tone will work. If it isn't towards then beginning then you are out of luck. Try renaming your contacts that you want with custom ring tones and I assure you this will fix the problem. I would have done it, but I am not going to have contacts that are named 1John or AMike just to have custom ring tones.

Guys, I believe the only rix-around now is that in order to program a specific ring tone to a contact, that contact needs to be stored in the SIM card. At least that's what I heard, haven't tried it yet myself.

Guest allhailme
I added a custom ring tone to a contact and the ring tone does not play when the contact calls.  The ring tone that is defined in the normal profile is the one that is heard when the contact calls.

can you tell how you assigned a ringtone to a contact? i've played with this but can't figure out how to do this ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...