MSN Update for Samsung i-600

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

A member of coolsmartphone has spotted that Samsung have made available a Messenger fix for the i-600.

The file can be downloaded onto your PC, transferred to your phone and executed on the handset, or it can be done over the air.

The update can be found here at Samsung USA.

And NO, IT DOESN'T WORK ON SPV's/E100's :!:

Guest nickcornaglia

Apparently it does not work on the i600 either.

A card is included in the box when you purchase the phone that says you where to upgrade you Messenger. On the site it tells you to download the file. Place it in your Accessories folder. Then run it from there.

The program returns this error:

Your current Operator region's ROM version is 3.0.30923.0

IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessoriesOperator.xdp cannot be installed because the ROM version does not match your device. You must obtain the ROM Update file that matches your device region.

I have a ticket in with Samsung.

Others have a ticket in with Verizon.

i600 users...keep us all updated.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

xdp is an in-RAM OS patch (not ROM like the rest of the OS), and is how PPC users fixed their MSN. It's been around for a while (ppc 2000ish?) and it has been questioned as to why they couldn't do the same for Smartphone :lol:

It stands for something silly too (eXtended Data Patch or something)

Guest smittyofdhs

here's what I don't understand. The ATTWS Moto MPx200 came out just a few weeks ago...the MSN IM app works fine in it.

So the i600 just came out this week...why didn't they include the update in the ROM like Moto did?

Guest Mr Orange
xdp is an in-RAM OS patch (not ROM like the rest of the OS), and is how PPC users fixed their MSN.  It's been around for a while (ppc 2000ish?) and it has been questioned as to why they couldn't do the same for Smartphone :lol:

It stands for something silly too (eXtended Data Patch or something)

XDP can be used for Smartphone, it has been used in Switzerland to upgrade from 1.16 to 1.27.

We just haven't (yet) been able to use it in the UK.

Guest nickcornaglia

Here is the response I received from Samsung last night:

Dear Customer, This is Samsung Telecommunication America.This is something we are currently looking into. There isn?t a resolution at the moment, however, there should be a resolution to this issue in the near future. Thank you for your in quiry.

Thanks

Technical Support

Samtech007

Thank you for your email.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Telecommunications America, Inc. (http://www.samsungusa.com)

[ You Wrote ]

I downloaded and tried to install the MSN Messenger upgrade per the instructions that came with my Verizon phone. I received an error upon installation saying:

Your current Operator region's ROM version is 3.0.30923.0

IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessoriesOperator.xdp cannot be installed because the ROM version does not match your device. You must obtain the ROM Update file that matches your device region.

Can you help??? Many others on message boards are having the same issues.

Sincerely,

Nick Cornaglia

Guest Mr Orange
That wasn't a stab at Orange, if anyone it was at MS :lol:.

Any specific reason why the UK ROM version can't use it?

Because in both update changes have been made to the radio stack. This has been likened to changing the oil in a car engine whilst leaving the engine running...

You think you might be able to get away with it but you know it's going to go horribly wrong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.