Develop this for me - I will pay!

Guest Pagemakers

I use regular pop3. And indeed, IA erases the mails, so they don't get in the "deleted" folder. That's indeed why they come back with you.

However, with me they really don't come back... strange, ain't it?

Guest Pagemakers

Hmm

Just installed on my mates phone and he get execy the same results as me. His emails come back! We have tried installing on the card and the phone but the results are the same.

What phone do you have? I am using an Orange e100.

My IA is a demo version downloaded from their website.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

I also have an E-100. As I am testing a lot these days, I tried the demo software of IA on the I-mate ROM, the Qtek ROM and the Orange 1.5 NL ROM, and it works for all of them. I find it weird myself, but if you want, you can come here and check my phone...

Guest Pagemakers

Cheers. I am using the standard e100 rom.

As a matter of interest when you use IA to delete all email does it first place them in inboxs 'deleted items' folder? Mine does not.

Anyone else have this problem with emails coming back?

No, it doesn't put them in the "deleted" folder. It just completely erases them. As if my smartphone doesn't leave a copy of the mail on the server... I find it very strange myself, because when I do the same kind of action with my P800 (I have a tool to erase mails on that one too), they DO come back...

Guys guys guys. This works exactly as it is supposed to. When you download your email to the SPV using POP3, the email stays on the server. When you use the delete function on the SPV it places that email in the deleted items folder. The next time you check your email, the fact that it is in the deleted items folder causes it to then be deleted from the mail server. If before next checking your email, you decide you don't want it to be deleted from the mail server, you need to remove it from the deleted items folder. Hence, if you use IA SpaceMaker to delete anything from your inbox, it is 'really' deleted and not put in the deleted items folder and so the mail re-appears when you next do a send/receive.

Quite straightforward really (and in the SPV handbook) :lol:

Guest Pagemakers

Fozzie - I totally understand and accept that.

How is Roke using IA with a POP 3 box, and his email does NOT come back on the next send and receive? Read his replies above.

As most of us use POP 3, why on earth have IA designed an app to delete emails, that actually doesn't really delete them at all?

Come on somebody. Make me this simple bloody app and put me out of my misery. Cash waiting.

IA haven't designed an app to delete emails - they've designed an app to Make Space on your SPV - which is exactly what it does. It deletes things rather than moves them to the deleted items folder!

Guest Pagemakers

How can it make space if 10 mins later on your next email sync all your emails come back and take up the space again.....or have I issed something?

EDIT: Yup I missed the M off missed :lol:

You've missed the point that IA Style have no control over your mail server. It does what it says on the tin - deletes contents of folders on your phone - not on the mail server. Your beef should be with Microsoft - they have defined the behaviour of Pocket Outlook. Perhaps you should email them and suggest a user option of whether to leave a copy of mails on the server or not. That would seem to be what you are after i.e. downloading of emails to phone removes them from the server.

Guest Pagemakers

Ok, thanks for your help. I do understand what you are getting at - That's why I'm after somebody to write this app for me, at a fee of course.

Cheers.

Oh, by the way, I am just dying to give you £1000 for absolutely nothing.....................But I want it back again in 10 minutes......see what I mean :lol:

What's the point?

Joking aside - I guess what you should have asked in your initial post is for an app that will move all of your emails into the deleted items folder (so that the next time you send/receive they get deleted from the mail server).

It can't be difficult, surely? But then why hasn't it been done already? :/

Guest Pagemakers

Yes thats exactly what I need. Its amazing that the e200

hasn't got a delete all feature.

I dream of menu4 since I press the keys so much!

Guest Pagemakers

If you have multiple email accounts (E200) on your phone and use IA Spacemaker to delete your email.... Go to Menu/Delete Email. Then it gives you no option to select which inbox email account to delete. Consequently it can't delete anything!!!

Great!