Orange SPV from www.orange.ch Software version 1.5

Guest natt108

Guest natt108

Hi folks,

First I just wanted to say how great this site is and without this site I am still clueless about SPV. Apologizes if I post this message on a wrong forum :lol:

I just recently got Orange SPV (I believe it's swiss version of this phone as the manual and wap settings are hinting to www.orange.ch) from ebay and I am currently using it under Cingular service in NYC. It's currenly running the latest software version 1.5 (I can only upgrade this from EXE downloaded from www.orange.ch and I can't use EXE from UK's Orange as the EXE will complain that it's difference firmware/software).

Everything on this phone is working as it should be and I have just a couple of questions to all the experts on this forum regarding de-cert this particular version.

This is what I have tried so far:

- I try to de-cert this phone through orange UK site and enter my phone number in the following format +011xxxxxxx,+11xxxxxxx +1xxxxxxx, 1xxxxxxx with space after either first 1 or second 1. I did this with GPRS and network pass through cradle which I make sure that I browse to any web page on my handset then run register my handset and after that I will go to any web page just to make sure that I am still connected to an internet

- I have to manually copy Action register from orange website manually to my phone and upon running it i get:

Carrier: VoiceStream (Cingular is using T-mobile towers in NYC)

IMEI: my IMEI NUMBER

Phone: This is where I enter my phone according to how I register on orange UK site

Phone is registered

I do have 2-4 bars of signal when performing this task and did stay connected to the internet at least 10-20 minutes.

- I try to hard reset method (before orange update and after orange update methods) and then copy .Xml to my phone via active sync and it didn't work as my phone will go through series of 'check' IPSM and reapply all settings and then required me to reboot the phone then after it comes back then my computer will be able to establish a connection with my phone

- I did try to use the EXE to which will try to copy that XML file to my handset but that EXE give out an error message that wrong sotware version.

I am all out of ideas and any help would be appreciated or am I out of luck because I didn't get an Orange UK SPV?

Please advise.

Guest natt108

Hi,

Just to update my earlier post. I did went to Orange's UK site and download the 1.36 upgrade for swiss users and it went did make an upgrade/downgrade? from ROM version 1.5 to 1.3.

I noticed that after doing a hardreset on the unit the boot up sequences doesn't appears to be the same as ROM version 1.5.

I try to de-cert this phone again via Orange's UK site and through copy xml file to ..windows directory method and still getting no result.

I did noticed that when trying to run decert program (the program that will copy xml file into ..windows directory) that right after I put my phone in to the cradle after I see the blue smartphone 2002 screen and begin my copy process that exe prompt me with message telling me to connect phone to cradle.

Any thoughts regarding this?

Please advise.

press the button, then insert phone when the blue screen is shown.

unfortunately, this method will only work on the old roms, and now.. i'm not sure if that 1.3.6 was one of the ones it worked with,

Will

Guest natt108

I believe when I run that decert EXE (the one that copy xml to my windows directory) it's actually complained that it's incorrect version.

Have anybody else having the same problem? If so should we look into getting different method?

Thank you all for your help!!