E200 Don't buy from Orange Retail (unless you are rich)

Guest alang

I went into my local Orange shop and they charged me £149.99 for an E200 new contract £49.99 + ins. I just talked to onestopphoneshop.com and am having an E200 delivered tomorrow same tarriff for just £34.99 WITH £100 cash back (£50 after 3 months and a further £50 after 6)

If my math is correct that means that they are paying me £65.01 to buy the phone from them!!!! :lol:

The phone is due to be delivered by courier tomorrow am, i'll confirm when it arrives.

My other E200 will be going back to Orange Retail under their 14 day refund promise

Guest podavies
I went into my local Orange shop and they charged me £149.99 for an E200 new contract £49.99 + ins.  I just talked to onestopphoneshop.com and am having an E200 delivered tomorrow same tarriff for just £34.99 WITH £100 cash back (£50 after 3 months and a further £50 after 6)   

If my math is correct that means that they are paying me £65.01 to buy the phone from them!!!!  :lol: 

The phone is due to be delivered by courier tomorrow am, i'll confirm when it arrives.

My other E200 will be going back to Orange Retail under their 14 day refund promise

Sounds too good to be true im refusing to buy a e200 for £140 my contract is up on the 22 so i was going ot wait till early next year to buy one but this might change my mind anybody got the number

I desperately want to upgrade, but I'm not paying £150 odd, One Stop Shop looks like the best deal but I want to keep my old number, so putting the old number on a OVP Virgin Tariff with no line rental and the lady in OCS said I can put a free forwarding from old number to new and the old number will only get charged if I actually use that number to make a call.

Currently hovering over the submit button on OneStopShop, until I'm definately sure the above plan will work.

Guest chucky.egg
lady in OCS said I can put a free forwarding from old number to new and the old number will only get charged if I actually use that number to make a call.

I've heard from somebody else that they can do that, but never done it myself

Guest stevewright

I'm pretty sure the free-forwarding would work, but I'm also pretty sure that it would NOT forward texts.

But maybe if you've just been given 2000 free texts you've enough spare to message all your contacts!

I think I'm pretty much sold on geting one now then, thanks for all your words of wisdom guys, just gotta see if I can get one now "Just ordered... they only have a few left!" Eeekk, sods law they have none left cause I took to long to decide :lol:

^ Ye I think you are right, just phoned and placed my order, just waiting for Orange to confirm my contract then my phone should be sent out to me £35 either tomorrow or Sat. Not going to go WooHoo! just yet as we have to wait for Orange to confirm (and we all know what Orange are like).

Loverly stuff, thanks mcwarre, just gonna wait for the phone to turn up and then will give them a buzz, I take it the forwarding service only forwards voice calls and not texts as well?

Guest Honest John

Wasn't the free forwarding the now discontinued 330 service? I used it last year when I took out a new contract, but Orange have discontinued it - at least for non-business users. You now have to set it up on your handset and pay for the call.

If anyone knows anything different, then full instructions would be appreciated as i have changed my contract yet again.

Incidentally with Onestopphoneshop, try looking at the deal for higher tariffs.

For example, on a 6100, the difference between a £35 per month OVP tariff and a £45 one is £10 per month to O. But you get an extra £100 off the phone. So if you run it for 6 months then down-tariff, it costs you £60 and you get an extra 600 minutes, but you also get an extra £100 cashback.

Net result? A gain of £40 and 600 extra minutes.

Guest mcwarre

Because I set my everyphone up a few years ago it still works. Might be closed to new customers. Why don't you ring 330 and try it? (I just have and it still works for me)

Everyphone still exsists, whether it is still called that or not is another matter, but I did run this idea past an OCS rep and she said that I can forward to another phone for free with Orange, I logged date/time and her name so things will get messy if she was lying to me.

[Mcwarre, do your texts get forwarded as well?]

Guest mcwarre

Rob,

Thats no use. You should get them to make a note on your acct that is the only way u r covered. Have you tried it? Give it a go to put and end to the debate please!

I have just ordered an E200 from Orange. Got an upgrade for £79.99 and they also double my minutes free for a year (120 to 240 Xnetwork anytime)

That didn't seem too bad

Guest zeta101

Does anyone know if i can upgrade to an e200 from my e100...the main issue is that ive only had my contract since the end of July...all i want to do is "swap" my e100 for an e200 and keep my contract as it is...im obviously gonna have to pay something to do this (if O will actually allow this)...so is this possible, and how much would it cost?

Guest Honest John

Zeta - your 4 months are up so you should be able to down-tariff to the lowest one. I don't know what you are paying at present, but you could find that running two contracts with a Onestop phone on a new contract and keeping yours on a sub£20 per month one would be the cheapest option.

You could then sell your old phone without the sim, and keep the original sim for making calls in the E200.