E200 Don't buy from Orange Retail (unless you are rich)

Guest alang

Guest bikespod

thats the way i was going, i'm only 6 months into contract. eventually orange caved and e200 on monday for £99. i have been with them 4 years on an average of £97 a month tho. its def the most cost effective way, and you get to spread the payments!

Just phoned 150, press bill enquiry, then thinking of leaving orange. Told them that I was thinking of cancelling my contract and would like to know how to go about it and when it runs out. When asked why I explained that I want an E200 and it's cheaper to take out a new contract. Within 5 seconds I was offered upgrade for £49.99 :lol:

Do it everyone, the lady on the phone didn't even need to think about it.

Guest zeta101

thanks for the comments...i dont know about lower my tariff and getting the phone on onestopphone, ill give it some thought...

blewer, how long did u have your contract for? and did u just keep the contract as normal and just change phones?

Guest zeta101

i wonder if its worth waiting till next summer and then getting a new smartphone, there should be some real crackers out then :lol:

my mate is getting a e200, if he makes me jealous enough i might have to get one too...

Guest bikespod

you must have a e100. i couldn't possibly wait till next summer with this crashing SPV. You can wait for ever for the next best thing. They will always be waiting in the wings. I just hope they don't bring the new ones out too soon, I don't want to be hankering after another phone too soon.

Guest lukeyboy
Called Orange also and got for £49.99 - Bargain !!!

and also to blewer...

Just out of interest whats yer average bills? Or is this 50 quid upgrade available to all and just not publicised. What do you reckon?

Average bills are £50 including everything, GPRS, Calls, Line rental etc...

I guess it is open to everyone if you are lucky enough to get the right orange trainer. Keep trying!

Guest mcwarre
Average bills are £50 including everything, GPRS, Calls, Line rental etc...

I guess it is open to everyone if you are lucky enough to get the right orange trainer.  Keep trying!

It's not down to whether you have the right trainer, it's down to how much you spend per month; simple, really!! :lol:

Guest bigjohnuk

The E200 is a much improved phone on the first SPV. It also feels lighter to hold. :lol:

Why did they have to change the caddy? You can not use the old one ;)

Guest neil_ferguson

Absolutely - I spend £120 a month, called Orange upgrade and was told an E200 upgrade would be £99.95. I then phoned the Orange disconnection number and after saying I was prepared to leave to get a better deal was offered an E200 upgrade free (inc delivery). Can't argue with that! :lol:

It's not down to whether you have the right trainer, it's down to how much you spend per month; simple, really!! ;)

Guest Gen Ske

I spend v little (circa £30- £40 per month). Initially offered an SPV E200 for £199.99.. then after some haggling and sweet talking £149.99 and then after I told them I was going to shop around low and behold £49.99. Dont pay any more!

I desperately want to upgrade, but I'm not paying £150 odd, One Stop Shop looks like the best deal but I want to keep my old number, so putting the old number on a OVP Virgin Tariff with no line rental and the lady in OCS said I can put a free forwarding from old number to new and the old number will only get charged if I actually use that number to make a call.

Currently hovering over the submit button on OneStopShop, until I'm definately sure the above plan will work.

She's talking about a system called everyphone, this was a fantastic offering by Orange, however to the best of my knowledge it doesnt exist anymore. Make sure you check this 100% with O before you do anything :wink:

Guest Dave.Burn

Looks like if i give them some hassle i'll get it cheap. £25 - 40 a month for the last 7 years with an upgrade direct from orange every 12 - 18 months, gotta be worth £50, what do you reckon?

Guest donniebrasco

Hope this is true, I was told it was £100 just to upgrade and then they would work out a price for the phone.

I'm only six months into my contract but my last two months have been £90+ (a weekend in Dublin and two weeks in Greece pushed up the call costs) and the other months are around the £40 mark.

Have the rest of you been nearing the end of your contracts or were you in the same boat as me??

Guest Coolboy1982

She's talking about a system called everyphone, this was a fantastic offering by Orange, however to the best of my knowledge it doesnt exist anymore. Make sure you check this 100% with O before you do anything :wink:

Everyphone is not explained anymore on the orange website and officially withdrawn since October, but still works.

They probably wait a year to fade it out completely so that all contracts of customers who could claim they got the contract cause of that service have expired.

Just phone 330 and follow the instructions. Works from any Orange contract phone, even if you joined after October