MSMobiles says : STOP!!! Do not buy Orange SPV E200 !!!

Guest mwille

:shock: What the f........ ??!

Have you read this ? MSmobiles is killing the E200 with the comments below. Are they kidding or sponsored by Motorola or what ?!

Although Orange SPV E200 is equipped with things that Motorola MPx200 does not have, things like built-in Bluetooth, built-in camera and even new operating system (Smartphone2003, not Smartphone 2002 like in Motorola), still Motorola MPx200 may be better choice for you. Why? Because Orange SPV E200 cell phone has SERIOUS PROBLEMS. Orange people:

(to the left: Nick Balderson, to the right: Andrew Thomas, both from Orange; Andrew is a boss of MS smartphone within Orange; if Nick would read this news item then he would fire Andrew right away...)

... have screwed up the release big time. Read on...

Here are problems or issues that Orange SPV E200 has:

Huge price compared to MPx200, examples:

E200 is 199 UK Pounds, on same tariff MPx200 is 25!

MPx200 is FREE, on same tariff E200 is 150 pounds!

Bluetooth hammers the battery flat - discoverable mode kills it in less than a day

GPRS timed disconnect doesn´t work (it just stays on),

MSN Messenger doesn´t work in France

UK version has a load of strange shortcuts to what looks like debug applications, there is also a shortcut missing to IA Space Maker

Orange shops aren´t giving people there extra SD cards (with extra content that was promised by Orange)

the locking is still constricting for home screens (i.e. not all homescreens can be installed in E200)

Orange Help is hidden away on the second level of the start menu - lots of people returned old models of SPV because it was too complicated - with such hiding, things are not getting any better

yes, certainly E200 has built-in camera but picture quality is poorer, than the SPV/E100 snap on camera, and the video has a very low frame rate

since Orange SPV E200 has a slow processor (132 MHz unlike 200 MHz in MiTAC for example), ability to fix some of above problems by software updates may be very limited (if possible at all)

very small number of Bluetooth profiles in E200: only Bluetooth headset profile and Bluetooth dial-up profile

Bluetooth dial-up profile is one-sided: it means you can connect your PC or Pocket PC to Internet with E200 but you cannot connect E200 to Internet the other way around - for example by using another cell phone; it denies the thesis that Smartphone is a combination of PDA and cell phone

ActiveSync over Bluetooth is not reliable and easy - you may experience problems with some USB Bluetooth dongles; ActiveSync over Bluetooth connection is not stable - it dies quickly; the connection can be initiated only from Smartphone, not from PC, despite the fact that such option is present in the smartphone

So before rushing to buy Orange SPV E200 just contemplate points above, because in reality the stylish Motorola MPx200 may be better choice of you...

Guest statscat

JPZR bless, he is so anti Orange, he is a TMobile man I think and doesn't appreciate that Orange (the third largest in Europe were/are the first to launch the MS smartphones). THe MXP is available on his network so he wants people to get it, but I like my E200, I don't like the clam shell motorola look and it stragnely reminds me of a piano ...... but thats just me, I like the E200, and as ever msmobiles is sensationalist ......the max clifford of smartphones.......still makes for a great read

Guest statscat

JPZR bless, he is so anti Orange, he is a TMobile man I think and doesn't appreciate that Orange (the third largest in Europe were/are the first to launch the MS smartphones). THe MXP is available on his network so he wants people to get it, but I like my E200, I don't like the clam shell motorola look and it stragnely reminds me of a piano ...... but thats just me, I like the E200, and as ever msmobiles is sensationalist ......the max clifford of smartphones.......still makes for a great read

MSMobiles says a lot of things.. Oh so many things..

My mpx200 is coming tmrw though - E200 just wasn't worth it imo. If they bother changing the operating system then it'll all be good - mpx220 in a few months?

I got it too, and love it.

Only bad problem with the phone may be the battery issue, but I hope to get a car kit so this will solve the problem for me.

I have explored a bit on the phone... it has a lot of potential and I love it so far.

For some of the issues: I was really used to 'switching off' gprs on my ericsson anyway... Don't see the big deal. But agreed, there should be made a patch, so it auto detaches/attaches.

Bluetooth... I am sure (as mentioned already) there will be an autoswitching patch, if you are really set on using it with a BT headset.

The speed of the E200 is above anything else I have ever seen.

Orange has done a good job making this a pleasurable phone with 'their' added front on the phone. Given, it is a shame if they do not include the 8MD SD-card, that I recieved... it is included isn't it?!

Last, i really don't sync over my BT card... the phone sits so nicely in the cradle charging :wink:

I say... GO 4 THE SPV E200 if you can afford it, you won't be dissappointed with it's features.

It is a really nice phone!

Shame on you, msmobiles.

Guest stu_lowe2003
bit late now, ive bought one and i love it :lol: half of those "problems" are lame excuses to diss the e200

They do just seem like a bunch of things thrown together from reading comment on modaco. Seems like an angry post more than a well reasoned one, maybe he doesn't like orange?

Only thing is that all the mentioned things are true, but most of them pretty minor.

Stu

If he had been after comments on MaDaCo he would have posted it here himself i geus.. Hell, I'm no big fan Orange myself but I still love the E200, judging only from the pictures and Paul's excellent review. I'm defenately getting one !

Reading the MsMobiles complaints makes me wonder whether they have played with one at all..

Bluetooth dial-up profile is one-sided: it means you can connect your PC or Pocket PC to Internet with E200 but you cannot connect E200 to Internet the other way around - for example by using another cell phone; it denies the thesis that Smartphone is a combination of PDA and cell phone  

Okay, that just made me laugh :lol: ;)

That dude is insane!! check out this post here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...light=msmobiles

R I D I C U L O U S :!:

...you'll see the real problem when you ask orange for a network unlock. but hey, as far as i've heard everyone is lucky with orange network. so its not really a problem for you in uk and swiss. all others have a qtek then.

cheers, lutz

Guest acharalambous

The only thing wrong with the SPV E200 that I can find is the sound quality when making a phone call. It's like using tin cans tied with string (ok, so thats a little bit of an exageration, but it's really ruined it for me; I've sent mine back and cancelled the upgrade ).

Guest spacecowboy6982
:roll: MSMobiles really does have an extra appendage growing out of his forehead, not to mention the weed up his arse :!:

I love how he links his webpage to MoDaCo too ! At the top of the page he calls it "forum" as though its his own. If I were Paul, I'd think about getting that sorted :!:

spacecowboy

Guest www.msmobiles.com
he is so anti Orange, he is a TMobile man I think and doesn't appreciate that Orange (the third largest in Europe were/are the first to launch the MS smartphones).

a. I am O2 man - I use their SIM card as primary one (I use T-Mobile as secondary)

b. yes, I appreciate that Orange went for it. I don't even blame (lately) too much on poor guys from Orange - they are not making software, they are not making hardware, but they are branding these gizmos by their logo... harsh stuff.