NEW! Smart Phone w/ new ROM version 1.7.0.13

Guest virgil

Smart Phone w/ new ROM version 1.7.0.13

The latest SMART Amazing Phone software upgrade will provide you with the following benefits:

MSN Messenger Fix

20 to 30% Extended battery life

Action Engine Software

Amazing Explorer - (Smart Online, Establishment Finder, SSS Online)

Amazing Store

Smart Secure

(Check back regularly for more information on these great new features!)

Requirements:

Windows 98 / 2000 / XPActiveSync 3.6

USB Cable or Cradle

Available phone storage: 3MB

Power Cable

Upgrade Software

Winzip Software

Backup your device

Procedure:

Before doing any upgrade on the phone, Make sure that you have a backup of your personal phone information such as Contacts, Calendars, Messages, Tasks, etc. Backup can either be done via ActiveSync or by using the Action Backup utility on the phone.

This ROM upgrade should be done only on phones that have a current software version of 1.6.0.08 or lower. To check the version, Click Programs / Settings / About to see which ROM update is currently installed in your handset.

Download the upgrade software and save the file on your computer in your preferred location. Click Here to download the software.

Make sure that your SMART Amazing Phone is turned on and properly connected to the USB cable or cradle.

Your USB cable or cradle should be properly connected to your PC.

The Power cable should be connected properly to your USB cradle or cable and plugged in to a power source.

Be sure to synchronize your SMART Amazing Phone with your PC via ActiveSync before performing the installation.

Please take note that this software upgrade will erase phone entries such as contacts, messages, calendar entries, tasks and previously installed programs on the phone even without the hard reset - so don't forget your backup.

Unzip the upgrade software in the preferred folder on your PC and double click the executable file (.exe). Follow the instruction within the program to guide you through this process.

Disregard any instructions on the phone, such as, "Press any key to enter boot loader". Let the application go through the process in upgrading your phone. This upgrade process should take roughly 20 minutes.

Once you are done with the upgrade, remove the battery, afterwards replace the battery and perform a Hard reset on the phone.

Hard resetting your phone will remove all separately installed third-party applications and phone info such as contacts, messages, calendar entries, etc. This is done to ensure configurations on the new ROM will properly be put into place. A hard reset will also help eliminate unused data, which may be inhibiting the performance of your Phone.

Hard reset steps:

Press and hold record button then press power button until "press any key to enter bootloader" appears, then press and hold Action key about two seconds to enter Erase IPSM screen.

Select or press "8" to Erase IPSM.

After IPSM erase is finished, you will see "passed" message appears. Remove battery, wait for 30 seconds before re-attaching it. Your phone has now been reset.

Turn on the phone. Initial boot of the phone will take slightly longer than usual. Auto configuration will take place upon entering windows, let it complete then press Ok to restart the phone.

The phone will boot normally, Check if your phone was upgraded to a higher version, click Programs / Settings / About. Your phone should have the Radio Version 1.31.20, ROM version 1.7.0.13

Restore your personal phone information on the newly upgraded handset from your backup files. For ActiveSync simply synchronize your phone with your PC. For Action Backup, Use the new Smart Secure utility to restore all your info back to your phone.

Congratulations you are done!

Guest mar9118

@virgil,

Saan mo na download yan wala pa sa page nila, I would like to see if there are improvements this time other than to lock our phones again :wink:

Cheers!

@virgil,

Saan mo na download yan wala pa sa page nila, I would like to see if there are improvements this time other than to lock our phones again  :wink:  

Cheers!

http://www.smart.com.ph/SMART/Products/Sma...P_downloads.htm

last time i checked andun pa--baka me ginagawa sila--kaya d mo makita--.

i already upgraded my phone --- and na try ko i download sa 1.06 --- same bootloader image lang eh.. (checked the NK file).

pero i have not yet tried direct Nk file of 1.3X --takot ako. i once busted my cousins phone --DEAD Set! buti naayos pa ng Brightpoint (alimall).

Let the Games begin!!!!!

paunahan na lang--mag unlock/downgrade? hehehe...

hi, can someone do a complete review of this upgrade? how it does, compared to imate and qtek which had improvements that smart's 1.6 didn't have even though they were lower versions. thanks, i'd like to try it my service phone before i get back my newly repaired unit from the smart wireless center.

thanks

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Jassper23

di ba parang 1.5 and 1.6 version ng smart to? kasi isa lang working na smart rom sa akin 1.37 lang ....when ever na mag upgrade ako ayaw mag work and using other rom naman no problem....tapos pina cecheck connection same problem parin .... anybody have the same problem? or anybody know any steps to fix this problem? thanks ... may be last option is to visit smart wireless center again to update my rom :lol:

A ROM 1.7, SMART is really fast. Orange, QTek and others were not able to release their 1.6 versions yet. I wonder what fix/improvements SMART did for this ROM. Is this the answer to MAR's method? :lol:

Guest dinoalbert

reading virgil's first post, I dont see anything NEW with this ROM (?)

Sana kase meron din sila ng feature like the Qtek....storing ringtones in SD card, deleting messages without using SMS Tool, smileys, etc etc :lol:

Guest mlkanapi

@ all,

Here are some screenshots of the appearance of the new sap 1.7 ROM as I tried to install it.

Maybe I should try to install this in the Canary screen.

Don't get me wrong. I'm perfectly happy with my unlocked SAP running I-Mate 1.5.

Just trying to see what this new thing is about...

@ mar9118,

Kamusta? I hope you are doing well.

Best Regards!

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

Guest mlkanapi

Here's what Smartphone France has to say about this version of Smart's ROM:

For the do-it-yourselfers here very interesting information. Version 1.7.0.13 of the system Smartphone 2002 is available on the site Smart Amazing Phone . Considering the side effects of the last versions of this distributor of Smartphones, I do not advise you too much to try this update... which however tries me well. On the other hand if you are a do-it-yourselfer born and that that tries you, do not hesitate to make it to give your impressions to us:)

To thus hold to the very informed users having a ' full backup' on chart SD because it is a very risky operation for your SPV! As one says to test with your risks and dangers... especially when it is known that a version 1.6.x should leave in little time at Orange.

Read more about this HERE

Guest mar9118

I have gone thru the ROM image and it seems to still have the same 1.09 bootloader and 0.97 diagnostic menu of the 1.6.0.08 update, I still have to try the upgrade and see if they have added features that i-mate and Qtek has and other improvements, considering they have the highest ROM version mahiya naman sila kung locking your phone is again their main objective, as I have said before if this is really an improve ROM, I will not complain or do anything to help people get rid of it :lol:

Cheers!

Guest mariolouis

@mlkanapi

sa tingin ko dapat magsimula ka sa mga maSPAMbang smart roms muna tas upgrade mo sa 1.7. di yata pwede yung i-mate/qtek tas diretso sa smart 1.5/1.6/1.7.. i've read it here somewhere.