NEW! Smart Phone w/ new ROM version 1.7.0.13

Guest virgil

Guest SmartGuy

whooaa!! i got 1.6 ver upgrded to 1.7.

then tried installing 1.6 again it worked---they share the same ROM image.

also tried downgrading 1.7 to 1.3X using sir MAr's procedure--it also worked (changing NK.nbf file header via winhex)--kaya lang matagal mag boot on your first try---

hindi sya mahirap i-downgrade (like the 1.6).

fyi laang....

@Virgil

Ganda naman ng balita na yan. Siguradong marami ang matutuwa dyan. :D Lalo na yung mga nagtry sa 'Smartphone France' na yon :lol: MABUHAY ANG PILIPINO!!! hmm..tapos na pala ang Bonifacio Day 8)

~ciao

Guest SmartGuy
pero you can't downgrade from 1.7, if it's already installed. (i think).

@*

Hindi kaya tsamba lang nila na nadowngrade ang 1.7 to 1.6? Being the service center, trial and error na lang siguro ang nagawa nila :shock: tapos umubra pala :lol: nadowngrade tuloy. hehe.

kasi, nakakapagtaka naman na sila ang official repair center eh... ala sila ng 1.7 rom version. well, possible din naman na wireless center lang ang authorized to do that pero..hirap naman nun for the user to go to wireless center to upgrade ulit.

siguro..it will just take time for them to get the rom.. :wink:

***these are just thoughts.

~ciao

Guest dinoalbert

Posted from my SmartPhone!

may i ask 1.7 rom users...san po pa sa SD card dapat lagay ang ringtones para ma-recognize thru Settings-->Sounds ? Saka confirmed ba na may sms character counter and delete all sms? Thanks!

@dino

the SMS counter and SMS delete options are available. the setting>sounds will recognize wav files in the SD card as long as they're not in a folder.

Guest dinoalbert

@rodnav, thanks sa info. Pinapatanong lang kse sa akin ng frend ko kaya di ko rin ma-try kse Qtek parin ako Ü salamat!

Guest marv083

my personal experiences with the rom 1.7 has its own advantages and disadvantages :cry:

Advantages:

1. You could delete all your sms without using the sms tool go to inbox -->Showfolders-----> select the folder you want to clear...>press delete

2, no more annoying sound when adding a contact when you want to send sms,

3. i think the phone is much more stable

4. and more yet to discover

Disadvantages

1. I think the bat drains faster than before.......

I stand corrected with this :lol:

im my case para di ako mahirapan hanapin tones sa sd may freeware Jeyo Personalizer locate nya agad mga apps sa sd from themes , sound , wallpaper ( well sounds lang try ko pa :lol: ) and change the order of the programs too

@virgil

thanks sa info ha.  :lol:

ur welcome

to those who wud again try to downgrade using Sir Mar's procedure...be careful na lang ulit ---its still prone to being a DEAD SET phone--paperweight probability is still high--hehehe..downgrade at your own risk pa rin tayo dyan...tsk,tsk,tsk...

ingat na lang po sila...

fyi.

my personal experiences with the rom 1.7 has its own advantages and disadvantages  :cry:  

Advantages:

1. You could delete all your sms without using the sms tool go to inbox -->Showfolders-----> select the folder you want to clear...>press delete  

2, no more annoying sound when adding a contact when you want to send sms,  

3. i think the phone is much more stable  

4. and more yet to discover  

Disadvantages

1. I think the bat drains faster than before.......  

I stand corrected with this :lol:

everything works as wat s stated abov w/ my SAP w/ a 1.7 rom except still 8 has an annoying ding sound wen i add a contact to my sms...

also u can automatically select contacts den choose d desired contact and create an sms w/o using d built in inbox menu...

der s a character counter wen making sms.

@ sweetyls

paano mo ginamit or installed ang replace sound or ear saver sa SAP mo

i tried installing 8 but cant seem 2 work it out. pwede pahingi ng links sa replace sound n ear saver....

pero pwede yung ibagay mo s yung ginamit mo.

mwala n ba tlga forever ang annoying ding soud?

Guest dinoalbert

so the Smart 1.7 rom has the same feature as the Qtek and Imate...except that it is locked to Smart

that ding sound has a workaround...change ur profile to Silent, then create and send an sms. Change again the profile back to Normal or your personal profile...try creating again an sms and see if u can stil hear that ding sound Ü

Guest sweetyls

@d-coy

yup, nawala. PM mo sakin email mo, i'll send it to you.

@dinoalbert

i tried doing that pero di nagwork e. wonder why... ok lang, earsaver na lang. :lol:

guys r u having problem sa pag send via infrared?since nag 1.7 kasi ko d nako maka send via infrared and i cant download zip files.pati sa smart explorer nawala un unzip.sort nalang naka lagay.thanx

guys r u having problem sa pag send via infrared?since nag 1.7 kasi ko d nako maka send via infrared and i cant download zip files.pati sa smart explorer nawala un unzip.sort nalang naka lagay.thanx

Guest sweetyls

@rged

my infrared works fine. both sending and receiving. and ok lang din yung zip. zip is on the file menu (left soft key), sort is on the edit menu (right).

Guest baron_?
@mlkanapi

sa tingin ko dapat magsimula ka sa mga maSPAMbang smart roms muna tas upgrade mo sa 1.7. di yata pwede yung i-mate/qtek tas diretso sa smart 1.5/1.6/1.7.. i've read it here somewhere.

Kelangan ko nga ba talagang mag 1.3 from QTek, then to 1.7 na ROM? Ksi, from QTek, nag pasok ako ng 0.98 bootlader then installed 1.3 ROM. I tried starting it pero naghang. Tried 1.5 and 1.6, ayaw din. Reloaded 0.98 bootlader again and now currently installing QTek.

Pano ba sequence from QTek to 1.7? Thanks!!!