NEW! Smart Phone w/ new ROM version 1.7.0.13

Guest virgil

Guest eifla111

you try doing it while the phone is in canary mode(tri-color).

i tried that already, the same error ... :lol:

this is the 2nd time i encountered that error, when i upgraded to sap1.6 and now to sap1.7 ... does my unit defective cause when i upgraded my oficemates' phone, i didnt encounter that error ... :D

Guest baron_?

I need help on how to switch back from QTek to any SMART ROM, kahit ROM 1.7.0.13. I need to do it coz I need my phone returned to SMART wireless, sira yung action button.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

@d-coy,

it's not possible to sim unlock SAP's with bootloader 1.7 and above. you need to downgrade your ROM's. and to do that you need to do Mar's procedure.

Guest Jassper23
@d-coy,

it's not possible to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock SAP's with bootloader 1.7 and above. you need to downgrade your ROM's. and to do that you need to do Mar's procedure.

Pwede siguro... yun lang as of this time wala pa talagang naka update nung SPVUNLOCK software... sana ma update nila atlease di na kailangan mag downgrade ng rom para ma open line SAP.

i think the reason why the battery life of Smart's 1.7 is a little different (as attested to by other members) from 1.6 is the features incorporated in the ROM. Smart's 1.7 has all the features of Imate/Qtek/Eurotel's 1.5 ROMs while 1.6 does not. and the battery life of 1.7 is about the same as Imate's/etc. maybe it's the ability of the ROM to read ringtones in storage cards that increases the battery consumption a bit. (though in my case it's about the same whether 1.6/1.7 or Qtek/imate). accessing the storage causes some battery consumption and is the reason why the SAP would not access storage cards if battery level drops below 15% or so. my 2 cents.

i don't use agile messenger anymore sweetyls, it uses too much gprs, had to get a credit limit increase as i exceeded my credit in 10 days because of gprs usage. i just use msn messenger.

Guest ppcsurfr

Well, with SMART'sROM from 1.3.7.8 up to the latest ROM version... they've included Action Engine which gives you several cool features.

One of them is being able to back up your phone to a server and restore from that same server without even having to use ActveSync. This was called Action Backup and now renamed SMART Secure.

The next one is Action Update which is now called Amazing Store where you can download ringtones for your SMART Amazing Phone and other cool downloads.

The new one here introduced in 1.6 is Amazing Explorer which gives you SSS information, a Directory, and several other things.

These are special to the SMART ROM which is tied to your SMART account. With other ROM versions, you will not be able to access this.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Guest dinoalbert

just a precaution....if you are using a non-Smart sim on your smartphone, do not try to upgrade to this Smart rom as this will sim-lock your phone to Smart and you will have a hard time unlocking it...

Guest mlkanapi

whooaa!! i got 1.6 ver upgrded to 1.7.

then tried installing 1.6 again it worked---they share the same ROM image.

also tried downgrading 1.7 to 1.3X using sir MAr's procedure--it also worked (changing NK.nbf file header via winhex)--kaya lang matagal mag boot on your first try---

hindi sya mahirap i-downgrade (like the 1.6).

fyi laang....

Just to confirm that it is possible to downgrade as mentioned by virgil.

I followed virgil's procedure to downgrade first to 1.6 then applied mar's procedure.

Success.. my friend's phone is now running Qtek :lol: