MiiTAC Mio 8380 and T-Mobile (USA) GPRS Problems

Guest thehothit

Guest thehothit

My 8380 arrived a few days ago. Using Pocket IE seems to be a hit and miss affair - I subscribe to the $9.99 Grandfathered T-Zones BTW. Sometimes I can connect to sites, then (maybe a couple of hours later) when I try to connect to them again, all I see is Finding Site... Connecting... It just seems to hang on connecting. Sometimes I get the error message "The page cannot be found" (or something like that).

Now, I always seem to be able to connect to Google, MSN Mobile and Microsoft's SmartPhone 2002 site and MSNBC.com. I can even get to the home page of my own domain. Last night I was able to connect to Monolithix.com, but not today. news.bbc.co.uk worked fine yesterday, but not today.

I've cleared the cache and history several times. I haven't changed the settings. I even called the Wireless Data Group this morning and they re-provisioned my data account a couple of times.

I took my SIM out and put it into my SL55. I was able surf the web using my laptop (and the Siemens GPRS app), using the SL55. This leads me to think that there is something up with the setup of the Mitac 8380.

I setup my 8380's connections as follows:

GPRS CONNECTIONS:

Description: T-Zones GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: wap.voicestream.com

User Name:

Password:

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP Address:

Description: T-Zones WAP

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: wap.voicestream.com *** I even tried internet2 and internet3)

User Name:

Password:

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP Address:

PROXY CONNECTIONS:

Description:T-Zones WAP Proxy

Connects From: The Internet

Connects To: WAP Network

Proxy (nameort): 216.155.165.50

Type: WAP

User name:

Password:

Settings-Data Connections:

Internet Connection: T-Zones GPRS

WAP Connection: T-Zones WAP

INTERNET EXPLORER > MENU > OPTIONS > CONNECTIONS:

Tick 'automatically Detect Settings'

It just seems to be a hit and miss affair!!!! Can anyone help?

• 2 months later...
Guest jlmoun0

I am very interested in if T-Mobile work with this phone because I a moving to Missouri in a few months and they show the best coverage in that area. Have you fix your problems yet?

Guest thehothit

I sold my 8380 about a month ago. I bought a SE P900 - wonderful phone! During the time that I had the 8380, T-Mobile's GPRS service in my area was down 90% of the time. I do think that the 8380 had some connectivity problems though.