E200 Modem link seems to show data call symbol NOT gprs &quo

Guest Bro

Right,

I've managed to get the e200's modem link (both via bluetooth and usb, using the modem driver from e200's installation cd, in the OEM foder) to work so that I can browse web from pc, but it will only display the "<>" data call symbol, and as these are charged differently to gprs on my package, I was worried about being charged,

called 156 and got a very clued up chap who assured me that the setting i am using are corret for gprs and shouldn't be charged i.e.:

Username : gprs

Password : gprs

Phone# : *99#

init string : AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","orangeinternet","",0,0

Now, my original Spv used to display the "G" when doing the same thing, I was wondering whether this has been changed in windows mobile 2003?

Still worried that I would be charged I rang 156 again and got a bloke who couldn't make his mind up as to me being charged or not!

Has anyone managed to connect pc via e200 to gprs and got the 'g' symbol? or anyone cast any light on the situation....

cheers in advance,

I like some answers but if I'm not around for a bit it's because I'm paying off a big data call bill!

Just been told this by Paul_mvp:

"You never get the 'g' , because the '<>' means that the phone is talking to your pc.. and that hides the 'g'. "

So as long as the settings are as above then it is connecting to gprs.... which is handy if your on a free gprs trial ;-)