Orange scupper Smartphone gamers with the E200

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Maverick

My advice is .. Dump it back on Orange b4 the 14 day period. FYI, I dont have the E200. But I think for the retail price in the order of £350 per phone, I dont think anyone should expect people who bought the E200 to live with these faults.

For god's sake .. I need my money's worth !! Is that too much to ask for ??

Guest midnight
You all keep sayin that the E200 wont play SPV Classic/E100 games because of this so called "fault" yet has anyone spoken to Orange Customer Services about this problem?  

i'm assuming not because if you did they would be able to tell you that SPV Classic /E100 Software is NOT compatible, you have all made the assumption it will be.  

thats as dumb as an excuse as you'll ever hear, we are developing games for the e200 aswell, so how do we make them for e200 if you cant move diagonally?

edit: and this is a stupid statement anyway, 90% of software from SPV/E100 is compatible, its designed that way of course

Guest police_chief_wiggum

thats as dumb as an excuse as you'll ever hear, we are developing games for the e200 aswell, so how do we make them for e200 if you cant move diagonally?

You configure the game to use the number keys (which i think has already been suggested) like other mobiles, you seem to have lost sight of the fact that when it comes down to it ITS ONLY A PHONE!!!!!

If you want a PDA then go a bloody buy one or better still why not get a laptop!!!

"You configure the game to use the number keys (which i think has already been suggested) like other mobiles, you seem to have lost sight of the fact that when it comes down to it ITS ONLY A PHONE!!!!!

If you want a PDA then go a bloody buy one or better still why not get a laptop!!!"

This is not true, its not just a phone, its a smartphone, a converged phone and PDA so it shares functions it should have the functionality of what it is intended for since the last incarnations of the SPV included 8way controls so should the latest so called improved incarnation

Guest Syphon Filter

I think he is missing the point. Its not meant to be "ONLY A PHONE"

The its a multipurpose device, yes its a phone but people reason for getting one is that it can do various other tasks, as well as being a phone.

Guest Maverick
You configure the game to use the number keys (which i think has already been suggested) like other mobiles, you seem to have lost sight of the fact  that when it comes down to it ITS ONLY A PHONE!!!!!  

If you want a PDA then go a bloody buy one or better still why not get a laptop!!!

Yeah... for the price of an E200, I can almost get 2 Dell Axim PDA's.

But thats not the point. The point is that E200 seems to have taken a step backwards from the E100/Orginal SPV ...

BTW, are you the person who tested this phone for O :wink: Just kidding :lol:

Guest Syphon Filter

Hrm...well what are we to do? Get P900's? Go back to an E100?? What i ask you!! Time is critical as i only have a couple more days before i have to return it to Orange if i so wish....

Not the most helpful, or indeed wisest thing to say here.

It is only a phone, do you not use it to make phone calls?

anyway this is now moving away from the topic of this post.

i dont have a problem with the joystick ony being 4 way, and i'm sure someone out there will void there insurance/ warranty and open the phone and "modify" it if as previously posted it is just the way the casing is cast.

Guest Dectomax

Maybe i'm being a Di*kHe*d here, but if you play Jawbreaker, and you're careful a diaganol upright works o.k. as does a leftdown etc etc. Now whether or not it's the software doesn't this bode well?? I've got an E200 by the way. :wink:

BTW, are you the person who tested this phone for O  :wink: Just kidding  :lol:

I'm not the person who tested the E200, although i would have like to have played with it before launch, i am however (and please dont all abuse me for it) one of those lovely peeps on 150, yep i am Mr Customer Service ;)

Guest midnight
Maybe i'm being a Di*kHe*d here, but if you play Jawbreaker, and you're careful a diaganol upright works o.k. as does a leftdown etc etc. Now whether or not it's the software doesn't this bode well?? I've got an E200 by the way.  :wink:

it isnt a problem for a single hit push cos its just reading one input at a tijme, but hold it there and it wont continue to move diagonally, so it is just reading up then left or left then up for example

muff has developed a keypress program and that has confirmed it doesnt read both directions at once

as for police_chief_wiggums comments, whats the point of the joystick on the phone then? why does it work on spv/e100 (both older phones)? why include a game with the phone that uses a joystick? the joystick IS there not only to aid navigation but to help with control of games

Guest beersoft

we have forgotten something again

Mid, those screenshots look sooo sexy, i can't wait (well i can and will, quitely in the corner) for the release.

and with this new navigation issue, its like having a etch-a-sketch instead of a mouse on you desktop pc.

later

Owen

"licky licky brown nose"

Guest toadvox

Police Chief Wiggum..... not wanting to abuse you but....... will O offer us an upgrade to the P900 for the same £49.99 they will let us have the E200 at? Of course, this is assuming the clever people here dont find a work around for the joystick issue!!

Guest midnight

there is workarounds in a way, just means making alternative control methods for games, unfortunately this wont work for all games, but we do have several ideas for kumite, but the other game we're working on cant really have alternative controls, but luckily the game should still be playable, just a little harder thats all :lol:

Police Chief Wiggum..... not wanting to abuse you but....... will O offer us an upgrade to the P900 for the same £49.99 they will let us have the E200 at? Of course, this is assuming the clever people here dont find a work around for the joystick issue!!

HOw long have you had your upgrade? more than 7days? and was it sent by post /couriour? if yes then you will be able to return your E200, as far as costs for the P900 you will have to speak to upgrades i'm afraid. :wink:

I must have missed something when upgrading for £149.99....

The p900 isnt even out on orange yet is it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.