vanishing ringtones!

Guest debully

Guest debully

Hi,

Another bug here....as far as I can tell anyway.

I keep copying a small .wma file in the windows directory of my e200 and setting it as the ring tone. Every now and again (about once a day) it just dissapears without trace and the ringtone is reset to the default.

Yes, this has been happening to me as well with a couple of midi files. As this - e200 - is the first MSmartphone I've had I assumed I must be doing something wrong.

Pretty good phone, I was considering the Nokia 6600 but have been impressed. BTW, the 6600 is stated as having a 4 way stick as well, is this a trend for business phones (easier to navigate the menus) ?

While I'm at it I can only sync over bluetooth if a re-pair (remove paring first) the device each time, anyone else had this problem?

Hi. I think I have the solution to your problem. I found out the same way as you that if you put a midi file in the Windows directory it seems to get deleted every time you restart the phone.

However, if you put the file in the "StorageApplication DataSounds" directory it is still there when you restart.

Hope this helps.

Aurial

Guest Digital_Carnage

Hi ya peeps.

Aurial is right ya know. Ringtones do not go into the Windows directory. The directort is part of the ROM and that is why the file gets erased every now and then.

All ringtones should go into the StorageApplication DataSounds directory.

Hope this clears things up.

Guest reubenhowes

Ah thanks for that - have solved the vanishing ringtone problem --- seem to remember something like that on the original spv as well

Reuben

:lol: :D :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D