Windows Mobile 2003 pocketpc NOT compatible with SPV E200

Guest Dumdidum

Guest Dumdidum

Windows Mobile 2003 for PocketPC is actually NOT compatible with the SPV E200!!!

I've tried to connect my iPAQ 2210 with the SPV E200 - it bond's the device but does nothing else! with a T68i it works! Marco from www.PocketPC.ch tried a iPAQ 3970 with PocketPC 2002 - it worked! Then he tried the new iPAQ 4150 - AND IT DOES NOT WORK!

It's totally ridiculous. The whole bluetooth stack is a complete joke.

With this problem and various others I sent my E200 back to onestop today. Going to get a phone with a good voice quality and a working bluetooth implementation.

Guest Dumdidum

Answer from Neil Enns, Lead Program Manager, Microsoft Mobile Devices Product Group:

The bluetooth stacks between the two devices are different. The SPV E200

uses the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, while the iPAQ 2210 has a stack from a

different vendor.

W... the F... ?? Bluetooth is Bluetooth and sould work!!!!!

Apparently, the E200 works with ppc 2002, so it's a 2003 problem. I'm *very* annoyed about this (Having just bought an ipaq 5550 in anticipation of getting a BT Smartphone). :evil: :evil: :evil:

My ipaq 5550 bonds with the SPV E200 without any hassles....I can then use the phone to connect to the net...so it all seems good. :lol:

Can you tell us *exactly* how you did it?

Guest inspectorgadjet

Well to round things off nicely, now I can't do it any more. Initially, I had a connection created and working for my SE T610 which worked beautifully...although sometimes very slow. So when I partnered with the SPV E200 it asked if I wanted to use it as the Default modem, and I chose yes. I then connected, and it worked. I tested it two or three times and it connected each time.

Then the bluetooth on my ipaq went all funky. I couldn't get it to connect to ActiveSync via bluetooth any more (which is not a huge issue as I can still do it using wifi) and then I couldn't connect the ipaq to anything at all. It just froze up every time I tried. So I did a soft reset, and since then I can no longer connect to the phone. I also can't connect to ActiveSync via bluetooth any more.

And as an extra beautiful side effect, my E200 now attempts to use my T610 as a headset. Ain't that marvelous? I had enough trouble with the fact that 9 times out of ten the other person couldn't hear me speak when I use my HBH-60 on the E200, but now it only connects to the headset if I turn off bluetooth on the T610. Time to rebond all my bluetooth devices again I think.

BTW - Just spoke to Orange 'third level' support. And the official word from them is that the SPV E200 is not compatible with ANY pocket pc 2002 or 2003 devices as a bluetooth modem. They also said that infrared as a modem is not possible. I have tested this and they do seem to be right.

Oh well...back to the drawing board I guess. I am going to set up the ipaq to use the T610 for connection again, and then try repairing with the E200 and see if I get connected again.