Best place to buy unlocked SPV E200 / Qtek 8080.

Guest benjaminjames

Guest benjaminjames

Just curious if anybody had any ideas about this. I am a software developer and would love to work with the .net compact framework Smartphone 2003. It would be for use in the US with T-Mobile. The developer version of the E200 at https://www.ora.co.uk/orangeSPV/ is not a bad price except for the fact that they want over $120.00 US to ship it to me which I think is quite ridiculous.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest ealimam

You're absolutely right about the shipping! They blew their lids off on that one. You do have to consider the fact that one of the only other phones offering .NET out there right now is the Everlink SC1100. It's a $110.00 less yes, but you also don't get Bluetooth, a camera that records video and T9 text-input. Plus, the E200 is a hell of a lot more stable than the SC1100 and can be used as your primary phone, whereas the SC1100 is strictly recommended as a developer phone.

Also, if you're in the market as a developer this early in the game, that $100 might probably be worth it to you in the long run, but who knows? Anyways, I live in California and have been debating between the two for a while. I finally cracked today and went for the E200, let's see how long it takes to arrive, though. I'll be using T-Mobile as well so I'll let you know how things go.

Good Luck!