Application unlock (decert) your Orange UK MPx200

Guest alphaflux

Guest awarner [MVP]

Just place the cab file in

IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories and run from your Accessories folder.

Otherwise you need to use the OTA method at the Orange developers site.

Guest urban_bohemian

Hey I just got a new MPx200 last week and have been struggling to application unlock the thing I have tried your alphaflux program but it is not digitally signed so would not work.Next I tried the orange developers site only ot be greeted with a blank screen this problem was solved after searching through your forum and disabling norton firewall.Then on final sending the information my Imei was not found and I cant download the action register application as it is not digitally signed. So this is where I am stuck what else can I do if my phone is application locked and orange do not have my imei number, even though I have connected to the internet? Simonthegeek on page 17 stated that it is possible to unlock via sms if this is possible can someone please send me the link?Thanks very much guys, keep up the good work on the site!!!

Guest awarner [MVP]

You can decert your phone using passthrough connection on your

pc, but action register should work as you need to run this once to register your IMEI so it should be signed :?

Just checking are you using an Orange MPX200?

Guest urban_bohemian

I put the register file on my phone and tried to run and it says the file does not have system permition, how do I set up the pass through connection to get it working then?This website is awesome helping people with problems makes the world a better place lol

Guest awarner [MVP]

To get passthrough working go to SettingsData Connections

and change Internet connection to passthrough, then in IE on the phone go to MenuOptionsConnections and uncheck automatically detect settings.

As for Action Register I'll try and find out what the problem is :?

Guest stonedbill

Hi

im kind of new to mobile phones so please excuse anythng which may be a stupid question.

anyway i just got my mpx200 and i want to unlock it, however i have to put a sim card in before i can do anything. i dont have an orange sim card and i want it unlocked so i dont have to use orange (that is what this does right) however i have to put an orange sim it. this means i have to buy an orange card first. :oops: please help

is there anyway i can unlock it with out already having a sim card in it?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :D

This topic is about application unlocking and not SIM unlocking :D

To SIM unlock your phone you have to put a non Orange SIM in your

phone. To get your phone SIM unlocked you need to go to this site http://www.imei-check.co.uk/ It's a quick service and probably one of the most reliable :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]

Bigtommy no need to shout m8 :D

On the newer mpx200 phones the app does not work, but you can

decert your phone at the Orange developers site. Just click on OTA

for more details.

Guest mcanic2k

Certificate Security Disabling / Enabling

For Your Signature Handset

SPV / SPV E100 / SPV E200 / MPx200

Before proceeding with the certificate security disabling / enabling, please ensure the following on your handset:

1. That your handset has previously been used to connect to the Internet at least once. This allows us to automatically register your handset's details with the provider of the certificate security disabling / enabling service, so that we can accurately identify your handset before changing the certificate security.

2. That your handset is switched on and is within good coverage

3. That your original SPV is at ROM revision 1.3.5 or higher

NOTE: Requirement 3 is irrelevent for the SPV E100, SPV E200, and MPx200 devices.

I've used the internet once on the phone.

It's switched on with good coverage.

The ROM version is not 1.3.5 or higher.??????????

The phone is a replacement as my original broke and i never had a problem unlocking it etc. Orange, Motorola or Microsoft have not been able to resolve this problem. When i try to install any software or settings it comes up the "adequate system permissions" message.

Please someone help!!! I must be the unluckiest MPx200 owner to walk the planet.????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest awarner [MVP]

When you are decerting what is actually happening?

Motorola and Microsoft are not involved with application locking, so they will not be able to help you, only Orange can as you are

running their ROM image on your phone.

Best thing to try (after we have tried everything this end) is to contact Orange on [email protected] saying that you are

trying to unlock your MPX200 and give them your IMEI number.

Guest rawmike

I have just sent an email to Orange, as I think there may be a problem with there website.

I have been trying since Friday to get my phone unlocked, I know it works, as I have unlocked it before, but had to do a hard reset, and now it won't unlock.

If I hear anything I will let you know.

Guest mcanic2k

Mines now done an works fine... (Dont bother asking orange or motorola as they never helped me one bit!!)

Option 1:/ To unlock your SPV or MPx200, goto http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx on your sp through GPRS and enter the details correctly, if it works then a message will appear saying that it is done.

Option 2:/ If it does not work then download the attached an run this from your pc. Once installed goto programs and choose Orange Register. It will enter the neccessary details itself, all you need to do is press register, which will then connect via GPRS to the Orange network and register your IMEI number.

("Try opening a site via GPRS whilst using ActionRegister, mine took a few attempts to register")

Switch your phone on and off again and try the Orange Register again and it will tell you if it worked successfully. If it does try option 1 via your smartphone again, and your phone should be unlocked within seconds.

Please see attached..

Hope this helps and makes you as happy as i am... :D :D :lol:

Thanx..

ActionRegister.ARM.cab.exe

Guest rawmike

Just to let you know it wouldn't unlock via the website for me, even when I had registered and everything, so sent orange an email, and they sent me back a link to a program written just for my imei that installs a program that lets you unlock it.

Easiest way ever!

Guest mcanic2k

How long you wait for the reply from orange as i've been waiting for a week, and 3 e-mails later i have still not received a reply!

When i tried registering the IMEI number over the phone with orange, they didnt have a clue what to do and said it should register as soon as you put the sim card in! obviously different methods work for different people.

Mcanic2k... :wink:

Guest awarner [MVP]

It's best to email with the address I mentioned earlier, whe you phoned them was it customer support you called? If so they would not know how to decert the phone as it would not be on their screens.

Guest mcanic2k

It was the handset technical helpline..

To be fair, none of them had a clue about what was happening with my phone. One person even told me that it was impossible to decert the phone.. It's a good job you guys are around to help otherwise i woukd have never got it sorted.

Thanx to everyone in this discussion... :D

Mcanic2k