Application unlock (decert) your Orange UK MPx200

Guest alphaflux

Guest stonedbill

ok i think its unlocked now but how do i go about installing unsigned files (or even any with out an autorun) on my phone (im still new).

i can copy files across but i cant do anything with them once their there.

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you are refering to cab files they need to be placed in IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories

then on the phone go to ProgramsAccessories and the file

will be ready for you to install.

Guest nick_mpx

I got my mpx a couple of weeks ago and using this excellent guide i decerted it no probs! but after a hard reset, i don't get the confirmation message from orange :roll: my imei is registered and i have a new mpx so its the only way. i've tried loads of times but it just wont work. any ideas??

cheers

Guest mcanic2k

Mail the orange developers from the site with your number, make and model and IMEI number. They will create a file for you which will unlock it for you! You may have to be patient though as it took about 4 days for mine to come through.

Guest nick_mpx

thanks! what email address did you send to? i've emailed orange tech support but im not sure if thats the one you mean?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :D

PS there is no need to shout :D

There is not any software for you to download, you need to use the

OTA method at the Orange developers site.

As the file mentioned above this is made specifically for individual phones using the IMEI supplied.

Guest stonedbill

OK, sorry to keep bothering you guys.

I have had my phone sim unlocked (from orange) (at imei-check.com if that helps), does this mean that my phone should be automatically app unlocked?

i have tried running unsigned app (doom) and it installs ok but i cant run it (even after trying alpha unlock files).

can/ will i still need to contact orange to run unsigned apps.

thanks.

Guest awarner [MVP]

SIM unlocking and Application unlocking are two different things.

To decert your phone you need to use the Orange developers site.

Click on OTA for more info.

Guest stonedbill

um... i think we may have misunderstood each other, from previous posts i had assumed that if i sim unlocked it, it would automaticly be app unlocked, (you said that only orange app locked their phones).

i have now tried the orange site, and i had the imei not found problem which i suspect is because i cant get on the internet with it as (i think) i do not have an orange sim in it. i then tried downloading action register from their site and installed it to the phone, i got the usual installation sucessful message but the program is not there (under the program menu) for me to use

will orange still app unlock my phone if im using o2?

sorry it that wasnt very clear but thanks anyway

Guest awarner [MVP]
um... i think we may have misunderstood each other, from previous posts i had assumed that if i http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock it, it would automaticly be app unlocked, (you said that only orange app locked their phones).
Correct only Orange application lock their phones where as most network providers SIM lock their phones.

i have now tried the orange site, and i had the imei not found problem which i suspect is because i cant get on the internet with it as (i think) i do not have an orange sim in it. i then tried downloading action register from their site and installed it to the phone, i got the usual installation sucessful message but the program is not there (under the program menu) for me to use

will orange still app unlock my phone if im using o2?

Yes but you will need to use the passthrough connection and use your pc's internet connection on your phone.

This can be done by going into SettingsData Connections and change

Internet connection to Passthrough.

Guest awarner [MVP]
IT DOSNT WORK HOW DO I INSTALL ALL I GET IS LIKE A HTM PAGE

You are getting that because you are unzipping the cab file.

Just place the cab file on the phone in IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories then on the phone go to Accessories and run the cab.

Chances are if you have a newer MPX200 that the cab will not work and you have to use the OTA method.

PS No need to shout :D

Guest awarner [MVP]

How long have you had your phone for and where are you from

ie UK or USA? chances are you will have to use the Orange

developers site. Click on OTA for more information and a link.

Guest stonedbill

WOW!!!!!!!!

thank you so much awarner- everything now running fine

just to let other people know i downloaded the orange register application and ran it then went through the first option on the site again.

Guest shyne

i am considering buying a phone off ebay. so if i buy a locked phone. using this cab file, i will be able to unlock it and use it with any gsm provider such as cingular, tmobile, etc?? also if the phone does not come with a sim card, will i need one in order to install the cab file? also wut is OTA? im from the US too. so will this unlock work? please bear wit me, i am a newbie :wink:

any help is appreciated

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :P

As mentioned above this will not SIM unlock your phone you need to use www.imei-check.co.uk to enable your phone to use any network.

OTA stands for Over The Air it's the application unlocking service that Orange do for developers use.

Guest awarner [MVP]

It's not free to be honest i cannot remember the cost but it isw not that expensive.

And yes it will work 100% and normally a very quick service :P

Guest awarner [MVP]

No as that only unlocks SPV and E100 phones.

The MPX200 and E200 need to be unlocked at the link I gave above.

As for cose it about £20 not sure what it is in $$ but sites like Yahoo

have currency converters.