Application unlock (decert) your Orange UK MPx200

Guest alphaflux

I certainly did vonda Shuflie housen. Just wondering, as I remember it says on CSP that the handset would say "Now unlocked" or something like that :?:

Great stuff, cheers!

hello- I just got my mpx200 and am brand new @ all this stuff. I'm in Texas, I have unlocked it and its on Tmobile now (all with info from this website)- I have DLed the registry editor (successfully no longer see AT&T logo while dialling but the tmobil image I "replaces" it with didn't show) and I can see my phone using remote control display, and I THINK i have the unlock CAB this thread is based on installed correectly- but I'm not sure. when I DL a program from say monolithix- what do i do with the zip file I DL? I've been extracting and then just copying the files (like quickreset.exe) over to the program files folder on my phone. is this correct? Because when I turn my phone off and then on, I goto programs, goto more, I then see the remote display prog and the regedit but none of the others show up. is there also a way to find a memory meter? I'd like to see how much space I have- esp when it says I'm low quite a bit.

Guest andreja

Hi Guys,

I am truing to unlock my phone (in USA) to use with T-Mobile. I followed all the instuctions and read all the posts (well maybe not all!) but still when I insert T-Mobile SIM card it asks me to unlock the SIM. I had no problems running cab files. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Andreja

Guest awarner [MVP]

andreja Welcome to the site :)

Only the phones on Orange are application locked.

To use a different network on your phone you need to SIM unlock it.

there is not a free way to do this at the moment, but some people are

charging for unlocking on a few certain web sites.

Guest mike-oh

Ok Ok just got my mpx200 excuse me for probably being a grade A tit and not reading this thread properly but i've downloaded the Alphaflux Unlock.cab file, copied it to my sd card and tried to run it using all locations explorer.

When i do it tells me it can't run it because it's not digitaly signed blahdy blahdy blah....

Help?!

ERRR HANG ON

Just tried it again and it worked?!!? PROPER BO!

Cheers!

Hey all,

Having a few problems with the de-cert process.

I have downloaded the unlock .cab file to PC, installed on the phone & run (which works fine) but when i download the .exe file i am unable to run it.

I get the following error message -

"Unlock3.exe is not a valid Win32 application" - any ideas?

I save the file to my desktop when downloading this file - is this correct?

Thanks

Guest Shuflie

Since you have installed the unlock cabinet and not the unlock(app only) cabinet you will now have to follow the instructions given by alphaflux on ppage seven.

i.e. install the lock.cab from page one, then unlock(app only).cab from page seven then copy unlock3.exe to the phone and run it from there.

If you previously installed unlock(app only).cab from page 7 and not the unlock.cab from page one then ignore the above and just copy unlock3.exe to the phone and run it.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

I'm sorry to ask these questions. Got my MPx200 yesterday and have been playing around with it a bit. I've read through the first 7 or 8 pages of this thread and I see that there has been mixed resutls with this unlock method. So can I ask which is the newest method/method of the unlock app? My MPx200 is UK Orange network.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've looked for the download on the coolsmarphone website and notice that some people have left negative comments for the unlock app saying it caused their phones to hang at the welcome screens etc. Is this still the case? Will a hard reset fix this problem if it is to happen?

Guest awarner [MVP]

As long as you follow the information here you should be ok :)

Also a Hard Reset fixes most faults but being stuck on the welcome screen can be caused by other problems and a faulty battery can

be to to blame as one of the main causes.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
As long as you follow the information here you should be ok :)

Also a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset fixes most faults but being stuck on the welcome screen can be caused by other problems and a faulty battery can

be to to blame as one of the main causes.

Oic. Thanks for the info. But the only app I really wanna install is that PocketTv thing. Is it worth the hassle since I have found that the Windows Media Player plays quite good already. What benefits are there with PocketTv?

Guest awarner [MVP]

I would suggest PocketMVP the DIVX player. There are plenty of guides

on how to convert films etc, so you can play avi and mpg videos and

the quality if far better than Media Player.

Guest awarner [MVP]

go to www.monolithix.org for the download

and for clips to play on it, have a look for posts by clintesatman

he has some excellent clips in his sig on his posts :)

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
go to www.monolithix.org for the download

and for clips to play on it, have a look for posts by clintesatman

he has some excellent clips in his sig on his posts :)

Cool, thanks. Got the download, but can't find any posts by clintesatman. :D The search for Author function returns no results.

Guest timstuff

I am using a motorola mpx 200 in orange in the UK. I downloaded and Copied the unlock file to IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories, ran it from there, the file opened and said it installed. I closed it, then tried to install pocket candy - but still got the messgae 'failed to install on your device'. What am I doing wrong??

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
Sorry typed the name wrong :oops:

it's clinteastman  

here you go page near the bottom of this page.

http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=98407&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

:) heehee. No worries. Thanks. :D

Thank you too Shuflie!

@timstuff: Off topic - do you know whether Orange charge for the Update and Backup service? Doesn't say anything about that in the manual.

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY

Damn. it's actually quite annoying that the manual tells you that you can do so many things but don't detail the costs. It doesn't even mention charges for anything (e.g. SMS, MMS etc). The Orange website doesn't have any information on this either. :)

Guest gothgarg

"I R Sorry!"

Hey Alpha, I am new to Modaco, and see that red-blob button on every message (top-right hand)? .. see thats the only button without a bubble-hint of description.

So, what happened is this - I clicked on it. :oops:

Is there any way I can get back to the moderators to tell them I erred?

Once again, apologies...

Guest ClintEastman
Try clinteastman, looks like awarner was a bit 'under the weather' last night when he typed that in :)

Hay hay hay kids!!

So, (off-topic, that's not like me! :wink:) How does the vids in the sig run on the MPx?

Guest kristianmatthews

hi,

noobie here :-)

got my mpx200 this evening and ive been playing around with it.

have tried to app unlock it but no joy. just to check im doing it correctly...

1. extract alphaflux on pc

2. copy 723kb .xml file to mpx200

3. run file

when i run file, it opens the .xml file but nothing about installation complete. seems like its opening it in a notepad type program.

the phone was locked on orange but ive had it unlocked and am using an 02 sim- would this make any difference?