Application unlock (decert) your Orange UK MPx200

Guest alphaflux

Guest kelv23

just downloaded the file and cant get it to run.it shows up as an .XML file and wont run from the phone.plus now i cant tell which file it is in active sync to delete it,oops.help anyone?

Guest awarner [MVP]

You have just unzipped the cab file :)

On win 98 and ME cab files look similar to zip files.

Just place the file you downloaded in to the

IPSMWindowsStart Menu Accessories folder and run it from there.

Guest kelv23

I've already put it in there and tried to run it but when I do it just shows up as the "word pad" with all the code displayed.doesn't run or anything

Guest awarner [MVP]

No m8 the file you download from page one is in .cab format, and is called Alphaflux Unlock.CAB

Transfer it over to the phone "as is" do not unzip it or convert it etc just download and place on the phone.

Guest kelv23

i did that first off didnt unzip it or anything.when i hit the download link the select what you want to do opens,click on open, a window pops up and its appearing in the temporary internet files.saved it to floppy to see if it made any difference and it shows up as a folder "alphflux unlock"

?????????

Guest awarner [MVP]

Glad it's sorted :lol:

As you say the simple mistake was you were thry to open the

download instead of saving :)

Now have fun with your phone

Guest defeat1

Oh dear. I've tryed this over and over and over again. Im going onto a week of non-stop trying. ATT is telling me to screw off, and these cab files do not work. I get through the instalation just fine, but its not affective in any way or shape. I just wanna use my TMO sim in my MPx200.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :)

This topic is about decerting your phone not SIM unlocking it.

Orange use an application lock to prevent non-certified apps from

running on the phone. This topic explains a work around to the problem.

Have a look at the posts below there is one giving links to sites that

can SIM unlock your phone for you.

Guest defeat1

I may be new to the forum, however I am far from being a "n00b" as far as cell phones go, and I definitely know the difference between a SIM Lock, SIM PUK, or a Network Lock, and a Network PUK. However, now I am a bit confused as to what exactly do these cab files do? Do they unlock the phone so I may use it with different carriers? Or have I missunderstood everything so far and have been following wrong instructions all along?

Guest kelv23

In a nutshell yes,you have misunderstood this thread.The cab file "Alphaflux Unlock" is nothing to do with sim unlocking it is for removing the security certification of the MPX200 so it can run 3rd party software,freeware and shareware programs by independant developers.

SIM unlocking for the MPX200 is done by sending your IMIE number to a person/company that calculates the SIM unlock code from your IMIE number and usually sends it to you by e-mail,although none of these services appear to be active at the moment.As of present there is no way of sim unlocking your MPX200 for free you have to pay for the service,anywhere from $30-$80 depending who you choose.hope this clears things up.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Unfortunately you have missunderstood what this thread is about,

don't worry we all had to start somewhere :)

The cabs does exactly as I explained above, they do not have anything to so with the SIMradio stack part of the phone.

For example if you go to www.monolithix.org and look at the apps and games there, on an AT&T mpx200 you can run them straight away but on an Orange MPX200 you have to use the cab to remove the software application lock or as we say here "decert" before you can run the apps.

EDIT beaten by kelv23 :lol: :lol:

Guest defeat1

LOL.. alright guys.. I got it now. I spoke with T-Mobile, and they placed a request to Motorola to send me the unlock code.. Turn around time is 24 to 72 hours. Ill just have to wait and see what happens. Thanx a bunch..

Guest nikesh.gudka

hey alphaflux. you look like a person who knows a lot about the MPx200. maybe you can help me. i bought my moto yesterday and have unlocked it (by the way cheers for the program) whats happening to my phone is that everytime i open an application e.g. sms indox. say if i dont touch the phone. the screen goes back to home screen within a few seconds. this seems to be happening with almost all the applications on the phone. is there anything i can do with the settings so that the phone does not revert to the home screen after a few seconds on not touching the phone. PLEASE HELP

NiKeSh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dooks
if i dont touch the phone. the screen goes back to home screen within a few seconds

Just a question... if you leave an application open, e.g. the Calendar, and then you close the lid and re-open it... does it automatically switch back to the home screen?

Guest itsme

Hi, I tried the unlock code no luck! , when i put my old Vodaphone sim card in it asks for a code , when i put a Orange Pay-as-you-go sim in i can go through all the stages as in your article , i then try my old sim and it just repeats "enter a sim card from a valid network .

what am i doing wrong

Regards

Guest awarner [MVP]
Hi, I tried the unlock code no luck! , when i put my old Vodaphone sim card in it asks for a code

That when you need to enter the unlock code the SIM unlock app gave you.