Minisync won't charge phone

Guest mensar

Not sure if this has been posted or not.

I have a minisync with charger (Boxwave Corp) which seems to connect to my E200 but it does not seem to charge the phone. The battery stays half full after being connected for over 7 hours!!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does this mean I have to buy new one for the E200?

Guest JampoTT

Same issue as me, maybe the same cable too (is it retractable?). I have a curly usb cable, a retractable one (with the retraction part removed!) as well as a straight cable - all used either in-car or on my desk.... and NONE of them charge. Sync yes, and even the charging icon comes on, but nothing goes to the battery...

You can test by connecting the cable and removing the battery - device should remain powered (mine doesn't)....

Something is certainly a miss. Whether its by design or default, I'm still trying to work out...

Yes that's the one I have.

The charger light comes on, but it will not charge the phone. As you say, the sync function works ok, but with the battery life being worse than the original SPV I need my phone to be able to charge as well as sync when I'm at work.

Looks like more money will have to be spent on this phone. :cry:

Guest JampoTT

Am waiting for a definitive answer.... (ie is it one or 2 rogue handsets, or is the cable pinouts different....)

The strange thing is, an original SPV keyboard works as a passthrough power adaptor, so I'm really confused.....