@ all PocketPC-users with a SPV E200

Guest Dumdidum

Guest Dumdidum

Hello!

As we found out (and why not microsoft?), our PocketPCs with Windows Mobile 2003 don't work together with the SPV E200 as Bluetooth Dialup Modem!

Because this is really a shame, I want microsoft to correct this as soon as possible and I know, that you all want that!

I have started a thread in the microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer and microsoft.public.smartphone.developer-newsgroup because there are some microsoft guys!

Although I have till now with a previous thread only received really bad explainings of the problem, I hope that microsoft will be taking this serious!

And therefore we must complain all together, and I would really appreciate if you would go there and show your angryness!

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english :lol:

Post date in newsgroup: 26.11.2003, 8:43 GMT

Guest inspectorgadjet

Hi.

I will be sure to be posting my experiences with bluetooth on the smartphone. Since the whole debacle with the modem issue, I still struggle to get the phone to connect to activesync via bluetooth now. It only connects when it wants to, and once I have connected via bluetooth, if I turn bluetooth off, and try to use gprs again, it just doesn't want to know about it. I have to restart the phone to get anything working.

The range of the bluetooth on this phone is absolutely awful. I can't go more than 3 feet away from my pc without it cutting out. And the same goes for the headset - which btw, only lets me speak to people when it feels like. At least half of the calls I make end up with the other person not being able to hear me.

So I have quite a lot of issues to mention in the newsgroup...I'm going to get start on it right now.. :lol:

Guest Dumdidum

My range is really good.... about 7-8 meter! (don't know how much feet that is :lol:

ActiveSync is working also good, sometime after enabling bluetooth i have to wait a bit till it works!

Guest inspectorgadjet

3ft = about a meter.

You can check out my post to the smartphone.developer newsgroup to see all my issues with the Bluetooth on this phone. I have written out an in depth description of each problem or missing feature.