IE Oddity

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

I connect to GPRS and I can download my mail etc OK.

Using IE I can also browse a few sites.

However whenever I attempt to browse the Sky News website, the Orange portal or a few sites on my own server the screen just sits on "connecting".....forever!

Before you all shout it is a problem with the sites and not the phone.....

I have 2 E200's here and at the same time the other phone finds all the sites without a problem!!

Plug my phone into its cradle and use pas-through and it also finds all the sites. Re-boot the phone and again it will find the sites for a while, then stop again.

This is also the phone that looses its saved T9 words 4 times a day. I can only deduce it must be faulty (although I can't see how) and so I am off to return it for a replacement.

Guest rolywalter

Yes, I find that problem with IE too, it takes longer to connect to the internet than the E100 if it does at all. My guess is that I don't have the right settings on the phone, since I simply switched over the SIM card when I upgraded. I also got errors when I went to any of the orange world pages, which seem to have corrected themselves today.

I read somewhere that the French are deleting the Proxy entry in data connections to fix their MSN problem - could that be something to do with it too?

Guest inspectorgadjet

I have the same problems. I don't think it is a problem with your sim card. The Orange shop insisted that I get a new sim card with my phone, and I have the same problems. I got a Motorola MPx200 at the same time, and if we attempt to load the same sites at the same time on both phones, the MPx200 loads them much faster.

And I don't think the proxy setting has really been used. My house mate deleted the proxy on the MPx200, and it still works without any hassles. I thought the proxy might have been part of my problem too, but after deleting it on the E200, it doesn't make a difference.