Calls not getting through

Guest JampoTT

Guest JampoTT

On my old SPV, if I was using GPRS, an inbound call would ring and I could choose whether or not to drop the GPRS connection and answer the call..

With my E200, I had several reports last night of people being unable to get through to me - the phone was going straight to VM without even ringing. I had absolutely NO signal problems, but was connected to GPRS at the time....

If this is just a problem with my phone, can someone let me know if they are having the same?

Guest shrubby

I have just noticed this as well, I rang my own phone and wait straight through to VM even though I have loads of signal, but I didn't notice whether or not I was connected to GPRS, I turned the phone off then on again and managed to get through fine.

I tried connecting to GPRS then calling myself and the call came through with no problems. I have no idea what the cause of this is, or even if its going to be an ongoing problem.

Very strange though!!

Guest adrianfox

I had a similar problem. My phone was showing bad signal strength but when I power cycled it, it returned to full.

I've taken my E200 back for a refund, too many problems for me.

Guest lukeyboy
I have just noticed this as well, I rang my own phone and wait straight through to VM even though I have loads of signal, but I didn't notice whether or not I was connected to GPRS, I turned the phone off then on again and managed to get through fine.

I tried connecting to GPRS then calling myself and the call came through with no problems.  I have no idea what the cause of this is, or even if its going to be an ongoing problem.

Very strange though!!

I seem to remember that the first generation SPVs used to suffer a bit from this as well. Well I certainly remember mine doing that :roll:

Happens to me a lot with my SPV.

Don't think it has anything to do with GPRS though, as the voice and data connections on GSM/GPRS network are seperated and shouldn't interrupt eachother, in other words a GPRS connection can be placed simultaneously with a voice connection.