SPORT

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Guest Dr. Ralph

You first copy the entire text, paste it in notepad (choose "all files" as "file type" and save it as claus.home.xml

Get a pic of your liking and save it in jpg format and size 176X200 pixel - name it Abstract.jpg and copy the picture and the claus.home.xml file into this folder on your SPV: IPSMApplication DataHome

Then go to "home screen settings" on your SPV - first set both "color scheme" og "background image" as "DEFAULT" then go to "home screen layout" and choose "Clauspim"

Volià - you just got yourself a nice homescreen layout 8)

Guest johntheo

Hello Dr Ralph,

Thank you for sharing your home page with us.

Unfortunately there are one or two problems:

1. The icons that apperar at the top of the page are exactly what I am looking for- small and fixed- but unfortunately they do not appear on my SPV in a small siize as per the screenshots - they are still large and all overlap each other!

2. There is an error in your link to the sport page - you have duplicated the "http//" in the URL address this one is easily fixed as is changing the news and sport links to our UK site.

Can you please cast any light on the 1st problem

Many thanks,

John

Guest Dr. Ralph
Hello Dr Ralph,

1. The icons that apperar at the top of the page are exactly what I am looking for- small and fixed- but unfortunately they do not appear on my SPV in a small siize as per the screenshots - they are still large and all overlap each other!

2. There is an error in your link to the sport page - you have duplicated the "http//" in the URL address this one is easily fixed as is changing the news and sport links to our UK site.

Hey !

1. To get small icons you have to do this:

In between the and you do exactly this:

Hold down the ALT key on the keyboard, then type on the numeric keyboard - only on the numeric keyboard - 255

Then release the ALT button.

A small space in between and will occur. This is ASCII code, and creates a small space which makes the XML file & the SPV think that there are actually some letters - and only with letters assigned to the icons is it possible to create small sized icons on the SPV homescreen.

Regarding the link for the sport page it works fine for me.

Cheers :D

Guest stillwaiting

Hi Dr Ralph, I wonder if you could help me. I've tried to use your home screen program but i can,t seem to get it to work, i followed your instuctions, copied the text , saved as claus.home.xml, copied it to the IPSMApplication DataHome folder, went to the home screen settings, but the file does not show up in layout, any ideas.

Guest johntheo

Dr Ralph,

Thanks for the tip on the small icons - working 100% now - Ive also changed the links to point to news and sport on the UK smartphone web site.

Very neat thanks!

John

Guest Dr. Ralph
Hi Dr Ralph, I wonder if you could help me. I've tried to use your home screen program but i can,t seem to get it to work, i followed your instuctions, copied the text , saved as claus.home.xml, copied it to the IPSMApplication DataHome folder, went to the home screen settings, but the file does not show up in layout, any ideas.

Hey again :D

If the file does not show up in the home screen section, you must have made some kind of faulty syntax in the xml file.

Trust me on this - 'cause it works for me and a bunch of others.

Try to go through the xml file and be very thorough - if a " or a - or a > is missing - this could be enough - and SPV will not accept/adopt the XML file.

Guest Dr. Ralph
Dr Ralph,

Thanks for the tip on the small icons - working 100% now - Ive also changed the links to point to news and sport on the UK smartphone web site.

Very neat thanks!

John

Hi Again 8)

Corrected the double http:// in the sport link.

Would you be so kind as to tell us your smartphone sport and news link - I'm sick and tired of the danish orange site, which is trying to get you to pay almost 1€ to view the different sections :evil:

Guest brownbottle

Hi,

I should be getting my SPV over Christmas and this type of customisation help is fantastic. Thanks in advance.

Does the SPV come with customisation information, in particular the valid tags that can be used to change the home screen, etc? Or if not, is there a resource on the web?

Cheers

Guest stillwaiting

Thanks Ralph, it's working just fine now, i recopied and repasted it back into the IPSMApplication DataHome screen, i've even managed to get the icons to shrink to minature size aswell, many thanks for the advice, keep up the good work.

Guest alexknight

I've made a few changes to Ralphs home screen, i hope you don't mind ralph.

1. The MSN link now works

2. News and Sport now link to UK sites and are in English

3. calculator link works

4. Infrared link now works

5. Have removed e-mail from the home screen for those like me who only use sms and mms

if anyone would like the xml file e-mailing to them let me know or i will post the code here but you will have to add the ASCI characters back into the shortcuts to make them small??

I also have another custom homepage - based on the standard Full layout but with a few tweeks and changes again - if you want the file or the code for this one as well ask me and i'll sort it out - if someone can host the screen shots i'll send those too!!!

I'm off to bed now - enough fiddling for tonight

Alex

Guest alexknight

oh and as another point - change the background picture to Default and the colour scheme to Luna - look very windows XP then!!

Alex

P.S. anyone else noticed that turning the key tones off makes the phone run A LOT quicker!! try it, it makes one hell of a difference to mine anyway!!

hi mate,

Coolio for the info could u mail me both of the above xml codes...cheers

i am slowly staring to learn another langauge, moving this adjusting that..

many thanks in anvance just PM me or [email protected]

keep up the good work....

kmonifacation.

P>S has any one got the animated home screens to work yet????

:D

Guest casper508

Great work Dr. Ralph!

Just one problem tho.

The last three links

i.e. Calculator.lnk, MSN Messenger.lnk,Infrared Receive.lnk

dont work. A question mark appears as the icon and a msg "Error opening shortcut or locating target filename" appears.

I checked my IPSMWindowsStart Menu folder and found that i didnt have these shortcuts so i created them and edited the XML accordingly.

Rebooted the phone but still no luck. The only difference is that now i have three more entries in the programs menu.

Can anyone comment?

Cas :roll:

Dunno what you mean..? :|

All I had to do with Ralphs code was remove the default background graphic link, and all worked fine :(

No problems at all... :(

Mange tak for koden Dr. Ralph :P Sidder og leger med det, meget morsomt :lol:

Wish that flash player would be here soon... can't WAIT to make a flash background :D

Guest alexknight

Ok first off here is the new version of Dr Ralphs xml - its works better for us uk dwellers (i would recomend background set to "default" and scheme set to "luna" )

here it is in all its glory

<?xml version="1.0"?>

Claus

Clauspim

Clauspim

Clauspim

Clauspim

Clauspim

Clauspim

Clauspim

Clauspim

Call in progress:

Call in progress:

Appel en cours:

Call in progress:

Anruf in Ausrufung:

Chiamata in corso:

Chamada em curso:

Llamada en curso:

Missed calls:

Missed calls:

Appels manqus:

Missed calls:

Verpasste Anrufe:

Chiamate perse:

Chamadas perdidas:

Llamadas perdidas:

SMS() MMS()

SMS() MMS()

SMS() MMS()

SMS() MMS()

SMS() MMS()

SMS() MMS()

SMS() MMS()

SMS() MMS()

Profile:

Profile:

Profil:

Profil:

Profilo:

Perfil:

Perfil:

Perfil:

News

News

News

News

News

News

News

News

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Sport

Copy this text and paste it into notepad, save it as "claus.home.xml"

add the ASCI code as shown below

Save it again.

Copy the file to IPSMApplication DataHome

go into the settings menu and select home screen

seclect "Clauspim" from the list and your done

you will have to make sure you add the hidden ASCI codes to this before use or your icons will be large and overlap. All you have to do is the following

for each link which will look as follows in notepad

place the cursor between the and the tags

hold down Alt

type 255 on the number pad on the right of your keyboard

a small blank space will be added

then do the next

and the next

etc.......

Alex

Guest alexknight

this is the other home screen i did myself - i think this looks the bomb - let me know what you think

<?xml version="1.0"?>

Alex

Alexpim

Alexpim

Alexpim

Alexpim

Alexpim

Alexpim

Alexpim

Alexpim

Call in progress:

Call in progress:

Appel en cours:

Anruf in Ausführung:

Chiamata in corso:

Chamada em curso:

Llamada en curso:

正在呼叫:

Missed calls:

Missed calls:

Appels manqués:

Verpasste Anrufe:

Chiamate perse:

Chamadas perdidas:

Llamadas perdidas:

未接电话:

SMS (), MMS()

SMS (), MMS()

SMS (), MMS()

SMS (), MMS()

SMS (), MMS()

SMS (), MMS()

SMS (), MMS()

SMS (), MMS()

Profile:

Profile:

Profil:

Profil:

Profilo:

Perfil:

Perfil:

配置文件:

Again copy this text and paste it into notepad, save it as "alex.home.xml"

Copy the file to IPSMApplication DataHome

go into the settings menu and select home screen

seclect "Alexpim" from the list and your done

I hope you all like it!!

Alex

Guest Dr. Ralph

OK - the reason the links for the small IR icons, Calculator etc. don't work is that you have to make shortcuts for all these icons in the startup menu folder on your SPV - I'm sorry I forgot to mention this quite important detail :cry:

All I can say is that ALL my links and icons works perfectly, and if it works for me then it will for you too - maybe you need to customize is for your own country, so that the links will work correctly.

I simply LOVE my homescreeen layout :D

This is exactly what i need in a phone - a possibility to create you own personal homescreen of your own likings - this is an awesome feature which I would hate not to have in my phone in the future to come.

By the way - merry christmas to all of you SPV users out there :(

PS Selv tak for koden - håber du er glad for dit nye layout på din homescreen. Jeg har siden modereret min homescreen yderligere, således at jeg har 2 rækker med 3 links i hver række - og mit navn og email er nu lagt ind på selve baggrundsbilledet (jpeg).

Guest Dr. Ralph
DR Ralph, I have tried your layout, it's good but I think the icons are too small, is it possible to make something inbetween?

Kevlar

No sorry.....if it was possible I would myself have chosen something in between - but you only have 2 sizes to choose from - size 16 and size 32. The standard icons are size 32, and the small ones are size 16.

But if my 32 year old eyes can read the small icons easily then yours should too :D