E200 sim-unlock possible yet?

Guest Gnuig

I have now been the proud owner of a SPV E200 for a bit over a week now. I must say I was very dissapointed due to the battery times and quality (the 'buzzing' thing) of voice calls. Likewise with the bluetooth matter and 5-way joystick thingie. I must agree it is a nice phone, all other issues aside.

I can now do one of 2 things. Return the phone to get a refund or have the phone exchanged, hoping this will fix the quality of my vioce calls, as this is important for me (and then get an extra battery :lol: ). Some say they have headsets without this quality flaw (or maybe they are lie-ing?).

Anyway, I feel it has now come down to a matter of if it is possible to sim-unlock the phone. If not, the Mitac or Moto seem like the best alternative.

I know I am probably pushing my luck here, but has anyone tried and succeded in sim-unlocking their e200?

It is not illegal to do in my country.

Guest spacecowboy6982
Some say they have headsets without this quality flaw (or maybe they are lie-ing?).

Why would we lie about not having duff speakerphones ?? Fact of the matter is, the quality control at HTC is so flimsy that you either get a good built or you dont. Guess I was a lucky one. Of course this shouldnt be the case, but it is.

spacecowboy

Why would we lie about not having duff speakerphones ?

spacecowboy

Spacecowboy -> Sorry my man, I guess I have to be more careful with my choice of words... didn't mean to call anyone liars, and you must be right that some of us have been unlucky. Shame on HTC.

But back to my point, seriously... has anyone found a way to sim-unlock the e200 (without going thru O) ???

Guest spacecowboy6982

Hehe, no problem m8 :lol:

To my knowledge, there is no other way....yet. The Moto MPx200 has just been unlocked via a cab file yet if this was to work on an E-200 then im guessing we would have all heard about it now :roll:

spacecowboy

Hehe, no problem m8 :lol:  

To my knowledge, there is no other way....yet. The Moto MPx200 has just been unlocked via a cab file yet if this was to work on an E-200 then im guessing we would have all heard about it now :roll:

spacecowboy

It doesn't. I tried.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Yeh, those 6 days I had between my last post I tried it just the once. Was too scared what might happen to the phone. I then thought, how stupid seeing as it wass all specific to a different rom and OS etc :roll: lol

spacecowboy

Guest Syphon Filter

is there an easy way to app-unlock the E200 yet?? I cant seem to install/run certain progs. The error i get is something to do with permission or access denied that sort of thing. Any ideas?

Guest Squuiid

Syphon Filter,

You either haven't app unlocked your phone OTA or you are using one of the incompatible brands of SD Cards like Toshiba and Viking to save the program onto, hence access denied. You can read them but not write to them. (Orange are investigating the problem.)

If so, buy a Sandisk SD card. They work ok.

You can unlock the E200 in the same way as the older SPVs on Orange's Developer website.