A thread on only GOOD things about the E200 :)

Guest psneddon

Guest psneddon

If anyone came to this forum just now to find out about smartphones they would think they were terrible and we all know thats not the case, we are just all EXTREMELY exact in what we expect and hope.

So lets list ONLY whats good about the phone!

1: How it looks and general build, no paint flaking at all compared to the SPV

2: The keys are perfect, smooth and easy to use, very well designed.

3: The screen - second to none.

4: The software, the more features the more bugs, fact of life.

5: No paying for ringtones, WMA ringtones, complete songs for example

6: The .NET Conpact Framework

7: Its very fast.

8: Bluetooth

Regards,

Paul

Guest spacecowboy6982

1. Yes. Good build quality, professional looking without the tackyness and somewhat lighter than the SPV - I was extremely shocked :shock:

2. True. Love the joystick, 8-way, no-way. Great improvement - general ease of use.

3. Absolutly, bright as the sun - unsurpassed :!:

4. Thats life. I can put up with bugs - put up wit han SPV and the E-200 doesnt nearly have as many :!:

5. Yes. I'll take time to point out Simon Dessers work - excellent stuff !

6. Loving this incorporated into Windows Mobile - futures bright :lol:

7. Its fast - hell of alot faster than the original. MPx200 may have something to say about that but yes - good general improvment on the speed side of things ;)

8. Even though its missing a few features (send pics etc) its still a bluetooth phone, which makes it all that more desireable :!:

I'll add a ninth:!: 9. Integrated Camera - always good to have - specially lads nights out hehe.

spacecowboy

One thing to add, the power on button works. :lol: . I have to plug the charger in to get my old spv to start :x

Also the phone is now extremely sexy, I used to think my spv was cool, but even people who didn't like it admit this is one damn fine looking phone

Kevlar

Guest cheshire_carper

Heres another.

My mum thinks its cool! She`s nearly 60 and I spent an hour demo-ing it last night.

I messengered my pal in Florida on it. Not much impresses my mum but she kept saying `wow, things have changed so much`.

:shock: :lol: ;)

Guest congeuro

The smoothness and speed of the menus is amazing!! And the video recorder function is great.

I love mine, its not going back and I still have 9 months left on the contract on my e100! (Well if I dont break contract!)

Hi There all,

Have to admit I'm a total newbie to this. Was just about to buy an E200 when I found this forum. Waded through a 14page post with people just slating the new E200 and then decided to hang back for a while until a few of the issues raised here had either been cleared up or worked around. That thread had totally put me off the idea of a smart phone, and I thought that the term "smart phone" was a bit of a joke as all I had read was negative views/points on this model.

But after reading this thread and finally seeing some of the good things about the phone I'm now coming round to the idea of considering one again.

Still gonna take a little more convincing but I'm warming to the idea, so really just a note to say thankyou to all who have posted here, in this thread.

Look out for my name in the future as I'm sure I'll have a million questions regarding whichever phone I choose to buy.

Thanks again

BiFf :lol:

Guest rhaleuk

Its fantastic, dont listen to all the boring people out there.

The speed is great, menu navigation and application launching has increased hugely. The screen is so bright its unbelievable. The camera works well with a quick refresh rate, and the video recorder is surprisingly passable. Media Player now runs videos much smoother.

Its case looks the business now and the blue LED is just too cool.

Bluetooth works well and its very cool to sync wirelessly... the only way it should be done really.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10... the biggest gripe is the battery life, but its gets me through the day so Im not going to moan about it. Its great.

Guest snakeeater

I love mine, not experienced a problem with the battery life, buzzing, texts seem fine, and the joystick for games has no relevance as I find playing games on a mobile phone super boring!

I cant really complain if Im totally honest, its not done ANYTHING thats p*ssed me off at all.

Very happy!

Guest snakeeater

Oh yeah, and a list of the things that please me:

1) Setting a wav as a ringtone. Makes polyphonic sound shite :lol:

2) Speed of the phone

3) Camera and video recorder are excellent

4) 'tanning bed' blue backlight (may give you a tan, may not)

5) Very comfortable joystick to navigate menu's

6) Comfortable keypad

Im sure there is more but thats off the top of my head ;)