3. Games

4. DivX

5. Other downloadable applications

6. Basic phone functions

7. PDA functions

(I am considering SX1 or E200)

Thanks!

Guest spacecowboy6982

Dont own a Symbian :twisted: phone so cant really comment. Personally, Im not overly keen on Symbian based phones - they're to "simple" and straightforward. No character to them. If you want a freash approach in mobile technology (the E--200 incoprates Windows Mobile OS), give the E-200 a spin. I can guarantee you wont be dissapointed :lol:

spacecowboy6982

Guest SsSiIiMmM

Just a comparison of the functions that I have seen on my 3650(symbian) compared with my e200:

3650                                       e200                  Winner in section

1. Opera/Doris Browser                       IE                                          e200(slightly)

msn/aim/icq/ym                       msn(built in)/aim/icq/ym

email good                                   email good too

can check hotmail directly            dunno if u can check hotmail

through a java app                    directly

2. Easy to use a more reliable    Harder to use and connect                  3650

3. Tonnes of java and symbian         limited amount no java                 3650 by far

some ngage work too                  hard to find good ones

and games widely available

very good gameboy colour emu          has gameboy colour/nes/snes

with sound and saving                   sound on nes is pretty crap

apparantly snes dont work proper

3650 gbc emu is better

4. Not a chance but does mp4       Havent got it working due to             e200

and 3gp quite well                 incompatibility but should

work soon. mpeg1 looks nice

5. Loads of stuff eg IR tv remote,    No IR tv remote but better mp3            DRAW

BUT mp3 player is mono               

6. Easy to use (find contacts etc)     A bit "weirder" but does the job       3650

excellent reception/call quality        call quality terrible (static) atm

7. Syncing with PC reasonable            Nice syncing system                     e200 (slightly)

Good highlighting text feature           Havent found a way of copying

with copy, cut and paste                  text

Notepad program                           No notepad program

and 1 other thing 3650 has much faster loading times than e200 and is generally slightly faster

well that my comparison

If you are looking at a 6600 it would be improved over 3650

Which is better? I havent decided yet.

I hope this gives ya a better idea of what will best suit your requirments

I am sending my e200 back (dodgy speaker) anyway.

btw: i had to code it coz table got screwed up

Guest chucky.egg

I've just got my P900 and, without starting a flame-throwing session (hopefully), I've noticed that straight out of the box the P900:

* Syncs with MS Exchange public folders VERY easily

* Has multiple email inboxes (so does E200)

* Has Word and Excel viewers built in

But best of all:

* The battery lasts for days! I reckon, with fair use (checking emails 4x per day, and 30+min phone calls) I can stretch it to 3 days quite easily... we'll see!

* The phone actually works! It doesn't scream in your ear, it doesn't just lock up for no apparent reason, it doesn't forget to tell you about voicemails, it doesn't refuse to let you answer calls, it just works... you know, like phones used to?

Guest sbsdegb1
I've just got my P900 and, without starting a flame-throwing session (hopefully), I've noticed that straight out of the box the P900:

I am thinking of contacting Orange and seeing if I can swap my E200 for a P900. I had a play with one today and it wasn't as big as i expected. A lot thinner than the P800.

What do you think my chances are of a straight swap. LOL, seeing as my E200 was an upgrade.

Don't get me wrong my E200 is OK. Its just the battery life and if Bluetooth kills it further I don't know if I can live with it. Oh, and I don't have the buzzing sound. My calls are crystal clear. In fact the quality of calls is outstanding.

Guest blueplanet

Can a Symbian phone sync with Exchange you say?

I thought only Outlook Mobile Access was

possible, meaning just browsing exchange

from Symbian phones.

MS smartphones use Activesync meaning you

have a local copy of your calander etc. on

your phone and can syncronize it with Exchange.

What sync program can you use to do this with a

Symbian phone?

Guest sbsdegb1

Friends of mine have P800's and they sync these phones with their outlook calendars and inbox. i think the software they use came with the phone.

Sorry if thats a bit vague. but thats all i know.

Guest chucky.egg
MS smartphones use Activesync meaning you have a local copy of your calander etc. on your phone and can syncronize it with Exchange.
Out of the box P800s and P900s can sync with Public Folders on Exchange servers via the cradle (not tried OTA yet)

The SE software lets you specify the Calendar and Contacts folders to sync with, whereas ActiveSync can only sync with a "local" (on the PC, not the Exchange server) set of contacts and calendar.

With extra software (cant remember the name) you can sync SPVs OTA with Exchange Public Folders, but it just isn't possible via the cradle.

What do you think my chances are of a straight swap. LOL, seeing as my E200 was an upgrade

Not good I'm afraid, but if you've been with O a long time, and spend a lot each month then you might have a chance...

Are you still with Orange ? And did you have to pay a ridiculous upgrade fee of £400 for the p900

I got a new contract because one of my old contracts was about to expire. Usual story with Orange: it's a better deal to cancel the contract and get a new one than it is to upgrade.

I just think it is a shame that the p900 has only 16MB memory built in. Sure you can get memory sticks, yet I don't believe that SE has fixed the issue reguarding using pro memory stick for the p900, as was the case for the p800. Limit i believe is 'only' 128 MB of extra storage using a memory stick. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Still I think the p900 looks nice, just a tad big for me.

Cheers.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Dead right - 128mb Duo sticks a joke. Personally that is one of the many reasons I wouldnt buy it. I like to stic ka couple episodes of Southpark and a good 50 tunes on mine so 128 would be a bit useless to me :lol:

spacecowboy

Guest blueplanet

Smartphones can sync with Exchange using GPRS (Activesync) and Activesync with a Outlook PC using cable or bluetooth.

I know Symbian phones can sync with a Outlook PC using cable, but can it sync with an Exchange server using GPRS? I don't think so.

But best of all:

* The battery lasts for days!  I reckon, with fair use (checking emails 4x per day, and 30+min phone calls) I can stretch it to 3 days quite easily... we'll see!

* The phone actually works!  It doesn't scream in your ear, it doesn't just lock up for no apparent reason, it doesn't forget to tell you about voicemails, it doesn't refuse to let you answer calls, it just works... you know, like phones used to?

See I had a dream last night there was a P900 with MS Mobile 2003 software on it. Imagine this combo :lol:

Please SE talk again to MS I remember there was a TechEd I did attend and from that time I still have a pen from sony ericsson where they did consider getting close to MS. Such a shame...

Guest chucky.egg
I know Symbian phones can sync with a Outlook PC using cable, but can it sync with an Exchange server using GPRS? I don't think so.

Yes and No. It can do it, but not "out of the box" - You have to have a SyncML system on the Exchange server. They are available, but they are expensive.

Guest catchamental
Dont own a Symbian :twisted: phone so cant really comment. Personally, Im not overly keen on Symbian based phones - they're to "simple" and straightforward. No character to them. If you want a freash approach in mobile technology (the E--200 incoprates Windows Mobile OS), give the E-200 a spin. I can guarantee you wont be dissapointed :lol:

spacecowboy6982

By simple and traightforward to you mean they "WORK". :wink: I have owned spv, e100, nokia 3650, nokia 6600, SE t616, sep800, and so on....My personal opinion is that symbian os IS simpler to use and that is why more people gravitate towards them. we all like something that works and doesnt need hours upon hours of time and a couple of dozen apps to work the way we need them to. Granted, as a techaholic I like to sit in front of a computer all day and fuss around with my spv (still have it) and e100 but for a reliable phone I definitely pich up my 3650. What a dream when everything just works. p800 is also a great phone for this reason but not as good reception as the 3650.

Just an opinion.

spvman2k3.zip

SPVman2.jpg

SPVman1.jpg