E200 Very Silly Newbie Question

Guest Monkhouse

Guest Monkhouse

Hi there, am a newbie on here as now an owner of the new E200 (my first smartphone). Hope to enjoy many future posts and stuff, but first a very stupid newbie style question (don't you just hate having '1' post on your profile!!)

Anyway just getting to grips with the very basics (only had phone since last night) and I can't send an SMS text.

Phone is connected, transit bar lifted, can make calls OK (no buzzing sound on this one, incidentally, actually very clear) but when I try to send SMS to anyone I get "The following errors occured while sending and receiving mail: Your SMS message cannot be sent."

Anyone know what might be wrong? Is this common? Am I just stupid?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Guest spacecowboy6982

Welcome !

When I ge tthis message it means Ive (drunkenly) typed in the wrong number and that it doesnt actually exist. Other than that you could check your settings or hpone up Orange to confirm them...

spacecowboy

Guest stevewright

I know this may sound patronising, but have you turned it off, then on again? This is something I have had to do with every new phone I've had. Something to do with the SIM updates.

Guest Monkhouse

Cheers guys all working now.

Yeah I had turned it off/on when I got the SIM updates yesterday but just spoke to CS (should've done that first I guess) and she sent the updates again.... turn off, turn on and lo and behold SMS can now be sent!!!!!!!!!!

Now then, emails......