E200 - Charge from cradle without charger

Guest h3adl0ng

Guest h3adl0ng

Hi all,

Got my E200 yesterday and I think I might be in love! :lol:

Getting to the subject of this post...

Has anyone else noticed that the E200 appears to charge itself when cradled even if the mains adapter is not plugged in? I have my cradle plugged into a (mains powered) USB hub.

It seems to have solved one of my problems, namely how to emergency charge my phone. I tend to leave my mains charger at home and resorted to an O2 XDA Sync 'n' Go cable for charging my original SPV in emergenies. Now it seems like my cradle can do this! ;)

This might go some way to explaining why the original SPV cradle does not charge the phone even when the charger is plugged in - I guess the pinout of the connector is different.

Give it a try and let me know.

h3adl0ng

There was a way of opening up the cradle of the old SPV and soldering a wire somewhere. I did this about 9-10 months ago with my original SPV, meant it charged from the USB port like the new E200. Cant remember where I saw it though?

Guest h3adl0ng

Hi JHarte,

Thanks for your post - I think you may have mis-understood me.

I too read the article about re-wiring my cradle and was tempted to do so until I purchased an O2 XDA Sync 'n' Go cable.

However, the point I was trying to make was that my E200 cradle appears to be able to charge my E200 without the mains adapter being plugged in. In other words, my cradle seems to be able to sync and charge over USB.

What I wanted to know was whether anyone else had observed this or if my E200 was lying to me by showing the battery charging symbol and gradually increasing the power meter.

Anyone else seen this?

regards,

h3adl0ng

Oh, sorry. Yea, mine does it too, I think it was designed that way. Is there an adapter socket to plug the charger into the back of the cradle? I haven't looked?

Try using task manager or similar to moniter the battery charge, i've heard reports of E200's lyint to their owners about charging when using older accessories! :roll:

Guest jackofall
"]It even does that when you plug an E200 in an E100 cradle, so it's a change in the phone somewhere!

P

is there a way of finding out how it has changed? so some one more technically gifted than myself can produce a guide as to how to modify existing car chargers so they charge instead of indicating they are but not actually charging :shock:

this believe it or not is my only gripe with the phone

Guest snakeeater

One question: If I charge the E200 in the cradle WITHOUT the charger plugged into the cradle does it actually charge any slower or just the same?

If it charges just as fast then I can leave the actual charger in the car and use it at work if i need to top the phone up.