Can't explore/copy files on Storage Card with ActiveSync

Guest rolywalter

Guest rolywalter

Has anyone noticed this problem and got around it?

If I use the ActiveSync Explore option to browse through the phone memory, it often produces errors when looking at the storage card. I can, however, look through the phone memory with no trouble. If I copy things onto the storage card, it breaks after a few seconds and throws up errors. Then only a Reset will put the phone back to normal.

I never had this problem with my E100... Activesync version 3.7.1 (or whatever the latest one is - downloaded again today)

I'm also having real trouble installing programs - I had to install Pocket Mini Golf onto the phone memory - it just wouldn't install on the storage card.

Help..!! Anyone?

NOTE: Please reply even if you have NO trouble at all - I would like to know whether this just me (in which case it can probably be fixed)

Guest IanBlackburn

I've had no problems at all with this, though I did read (in one of these forums I think) that there are some incompatibilities with certain SD cards. I have tried the 8meg one that comnes with the phone, and also a 128Meg SanDisk one with no problems.

Guest rolywalter

Oddly my card (DaneElec) worked perfectly with my SPV E100, so I don't think that's the problem... unless the E200 has a new way of writing to the card. I find that when it occasionally does work, it IS faster (reading/writing) than the E100.

Guest abamara

Erm, this might sound obvious but if it's an sd card, is the write-protect switch on or off?

Hope this helps!

Sorry just checked the previous post with a link! :oops:

Guest rolywalter

Nah, even small files don't work. Nor can I install anything onto the storage card, even if I put the CAB file on the phone's memory. This could turn into a real pain in the a**e!! Can't get windows media player to compress & copy either aaaggh! So, who's got a card that does work, and what make is it? Might have to get a new one & try that... Really don't want to have to get a card reader as well as the cradle on my laptop.

(and no, the lock isn't on!)

Guest statscat

there are reports that the htc amsrtphone have problems writing to multilayer sd cards, but that they can read from them fine.

Contact the manufacturer and find out the "layered ness" (is it or isn't it) of the cards. THis could explain it as it does not seem to be a size issue...........

Got a similar problem here. Just upgraded SPV (original!) to SPV E200 - what a difference!!

I can copy files to the SD Card (Orange Provided one and Sandisk 64MB), but ActiveSync will not allow me to alter the installation folder for applications!

Anyone come across this one before?