SPV E200 And Viking SD Memory

Guest ßeta

Guest shadamehr

I've been posting for about two three days, but finally seem to have got the bottom of it thanks to other users input.

My Viking cards have exactly the same problem...

See:

HERE

Also see the next link.

HERE

Orange have also allegedly confirmed (in Denmark) that Kingston memory has an issue too.

Me, I say its the phone therefore.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Hmm, id say its the Viking Brand - new on th emarket and you get what you pay for. In the year Ive had my SanDisk my SPV and now E-200 have had no problems in picking it up - investin one these guys - you cant go wrong :lol:

spacecowboy

Guest shadamehr
Hmm, id say its the Viking Brand - new on th emarket and you get what you pay for. In the year Ive had my SanDisk my SPV and now E-200 have had no problems in picking it up - investin one these guys - you cant go wrong :lol:

spacecowboy

Except for the fact that they (My Viking Cards) work absolutely perfectly in every single other device i have, including digital cameras, Nokia N-Gage, Nokia Music Player, Card Readers and more...

But they don't work in the SPV though... Or rather they DO, if the files are placed onto it elsewhere (which I can do fine on ANY other device, as I've just explained), but then the SPV won't write to the card...

And oh then there is of course the fact that Orange 'seem' to have accepted there is an issue with some cards not being writeable by the SPV, due to a minor code change on the SPV between prototype and production model.

Oh, and lest we forget, the small matter of Kingston Memory being the same (which I was ALWAYS led to believe, irrespective of who REALLY makes it for them, was always very high quality stuff).

Yes... I can see why you would suspect that it's the memory that is at fault there and not the SPV then, given all the evidence that clearly shows how the phone is fine, and the memory is flawed...

BIG :wink:

In all sincerity mate, can you really see me getting much mileage in ringing the supplier up, asking for a refund, and the telling him when asked, that:

"...it works fine in Nokia N-gages.... Er, well it also works fine in my Nokia Music Player... and then it er, also works fine in my mate's Moto MXp200... plus it works fine in my mates Digital Camera... and, um, it works fine in card readers and on my PC and Laptop too...

"I see Sir, so what's the problem then - it works fine..."

"Er no mate - it does all that, but won't let my SPV write to it..."

"It does any and everything else, but your SPV won't let you write to it, and you think it's the CARD that's faulted Sir...?"

"Er yes, erm, well I suppose I should have been honest with you and mentioned that Orange have said something about realising this might be an issue with the SPV and certain memory brands..."

"And yet you still think the memory is the problem Sir, and want a refund, even though everything else can use it fine..?"

Er, yes, if that's ok..?"

"(telephone line clicks dead...)"

Yes, well... If you want to ring up and pretend to be me and play through that conversation, and the supreme embarresment of it, be my guest. Me though... I'd rather wait for my reply from Orange to the Email I sent about this (though I expect little joy back there too...)

And once again though mate - :wink:

Guest spacecowboy6982

Hehe - yes I noe w see your point, and its news to me about this "minor code change" but nevertheless seems quite an important factor. The only reason I never trusted the Viking brand was due to the fac tthey were a hell of alot cheaper than the other brands and didnt think much of them. As opposed to SanDisk who are world leaders and have competitive prices.

:lol: spacecowboy ;)

Guest shadamehr

Spacecowboy - a BIG thank you for seeing the funny side of my post mate.

In fairness, I have read I think, two different reports about this code change thing on here, BUT, can't give you any input into how factual it is or not.

I would offer however, that it fits the problems being experienced perfectly.

And Kingston do make decent memory, or palm it out to someone that makes good memory, if they are only rebranding it, so if its affecting that too, there's an SPV issue.

I'll let you know what Orange say when they reply to me, but I doubt it will be helpful to me...