Sending Via Bluetooth

Guest Prits_uk2002

Guest Prits_uk2002

hi i have an e200 can anyone help me?im trying to send a contact to my friends e200 how do i do that?also what can i send from my e200 to other bluetooth devices

Hi,

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure that you can't send contacts via Bluetooth from an E200. And it seems like you can't receive them either. Which, let's face it, for a supposedly state of the art, all singin' all dancin' BT enabled phone is crap!

I've tried to send and receive contacts to/from other BT phones and pocket PCs and it just doesn't work.

But at least it means you can't be Bluejacked :lol: and you can't Bluejack anyone else ;)

Of course if anyone knows how you can send contacts, I'd love to know.

Seemingly you can go into the contact menu (right soft key in home screen), highlight the contact you want to send and hit 'Beam' This will look for IR & BT devices. I couldn't get it to work with an Ericcson, but it might work between two E200's

Oh yeah! I can send a contact, but if I try to send one to my E200 I get a message saying "The remote device does not allow contact items to be received" Apparently it has no "Object Push" profile... :?

so what can you send or receive via bluetooth? whats bt for then?

Bluetooth, (or BT for short) allows you to send contacts and maybe appointments to other phones or pda's that also have bluetooth. You can also connect to your laptop or desktop to activesync or browse the web using your GPRS connection. Hopefully SmartExplorer will have an updated vertion that'll allow you to send files via bluetooth, but who knows?

Guest kiddybaggie

thats just so you can be found and to find others, you have to select recieve beam to actually recieve data! I think..... it worked between me and a nokia ysteray anyway! :lol: