E200 Hands Free Car Kit

Guest leo-balou

Guest leo-balou

Just put the phone down with Orange accessories (or Ora) having just found my E200 is not compatible with my old SPV car kit - great start!!

I managed to shove the new phone into the connector and make a call and it seemed to work OK - I hear from other posts however that incoming calls are too quiet to interact with.

The stressed-out lady I spoke with told me a new kit was being released in January - made by HTC -(NOT ORA) and it will have a radio mute facility. It is NOT bluetooth however.

Obviously this is a step in the right direction but why can't they launch a phone to a business user and have a hands free kit available (I can't be arsed with sticking head sets or ear pieces in as I get too many calls) - especially when it will be illegal to use your phone (without a HF kit) in your car from 1st December.

Needless to say if a BT hands free kit came out that worked with the E200 I would have one - that way I could upgrade to new BT phones and not have to keep having the kit changed all the time.

On the whole I like this phone, it is responsive, adaptable to my corporate and private email setup and has loads of other goodies. Downside would be battery life and sometimes I get a bloody annoying buzzing in my ear from the internal speaker!! :shock:

Anybody anymore on this topic?? :roll:

Guest congeuro

As the e200 works with a Nokia bluetooth headset, why not get one of the Nokia or Sony Erricsson Bluetooth carkits, then all you have to do is make sure that the new phone has bluetooth.

The Nokia kit is around £130 not including instillation... Better than having to buy a new carkit for every new phone.