Camera Problems

Guest RobMiles

Guest RobMiles

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the camera. Mine sometimes says "Unable to get image from device" or somesuch when I take a picture.

I'm not sure whether this is a hardware or software fault. I can't make it happen reliably, but it has happened enough to be annoying.

Any ideas folks?

Guest RobMiles

An experiment folks. I've found that the camera is less reliable if I set it to "flourescent" from the ambience menu and then take pictures in dim light. I can't guarantee that it will give the error, but it seems to happen only in those circumstances. In bright daylight it seems to work fine.

I'd be grateful if people would try setting their phones to this and finding out what happens. It is just that I'm trying to determine whether it is a stock/callibration fault or something up with my phone.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Daedalus

your right, the same thing happened to me a couple of times, but I think it was only when it was on flourescent (i'd forgotten to turn it off).

Also, when I was viewing the pictures in the album and tried to go back to the camera, at the very same time I pressed the button I recieved a failed MMS notification (which I was expecting pretty much anyway) and it made the screen go all fuzzy and wavy, like a TV without the arial plugged in, literally. And i could only get rid of it by turning it off and on again. Anyone else had this?

Guest RobMiles

Thanks for that. I've not had the problem you describe, but I have noticed the button behaviour in the camera is not reliable. Sometimes when you take a picture you are taken to the album thumbnail viewer, other times to view the picture you have just taken.

Hmm. Software methinks.

• 9 months later...
Guest thesavant

I think that I have the same problem that you've had. My phone says "Unable to switch to preview mode. Failed to setup camera device" when I try to use the camera. Did you ever find how to fix this? It just started doing this recently. It worked before. Maybe its a software problem. I've added several freeware programs to my phone since I last used the camera and it worked.

I think that I have the same problem that you've had.  My phone says "Unable to switch to preview mode. Failed to setup camera device" when I try to use the camera. Did you ever find how to fix this? It just started doing this recently. It worked before. Maybe its a software problem. I've added several freeware programs to my phone since I last used the camera and it worked.

I had this a few days ago. Tried a couple of hard resets, and eventually phoned Orange. They diagnosed a faulty camera, a couple of days later it was replaced with a new phone.

Only now, it's got the repeating button problem. Off to find a fix for this one.

Guest ha107900
Has anyone else noticed a problem with the camera. Mine sometimes says "Unable to get image from device" or somesuch when I take a picture.

I'm not sure whether this is a hardware or software fault. I can't make it happen reliably, but it has happened enough to be annoying.

Any ideas folks?

I get this error message as well, but only very infrequently! I was thinking about upgrading to the latest imate rom, i wonder if this would fix it :?

Guest thesavant
I had this a few days ago. Tried a couple of hard resets, and eventually phoned Orange. They diagnosed a faulty camera, a couple of days later it was replaced with a new phone.

Only now, it's got the repeating button problem. Off to find a fix for this one.

I got it to work. All I did was reinstall the latest Orange ROM. I think that it was one of the programs that I downloaded. I've been uploading lots of free programs onto my phone and I guess one screwed up my phone. The camera works just fine now, but I lost a lot of data. I guess I'll be spending all afternoon reconfiguring my phone till I get it how I like it. :roll: