Another E200 return....

Guest philg2000

Guest philg2000

I am absolutely GUTTED, but have to do it.

My girlfriend and I have a pair of E200's.

Our findings:

Both buzz slightly (depending on whose at the other end).

Will not work at all with Nokia Bluetooth car kit. No definite date of a BT car kit that will work.

Dont work with E100 car charger.

The killer punch for us has been the abissmal battery life. Yesterday at 6am I took it off charge (had been on overnight), and it gave warnings at 3pm, after 2 txts, a couple of quick calls, and about 5 imutes using otehr non-connection functions (Solitaire & Diary).

My girlfriends findings are pretty much the same. OK, maybe a bad batch, but I dont see anyone here saying their phone lasts 2 days easy without charging.

We are both absolutely gutted tho. I have spent approx £100 on various bits of addon software, which will now go to waste.

Our priorities are:

1 - Good telecommunications device with decent quality calls.

2 - Good battery life

3 - In-built Agenda that syncs with PC

4 - Bluetooth connectivety to available peripherals (car kits)

The camera is a nice extra.

Now we have to consider another phone thats fits the bill. I dont see any other MS phones that has bluetooth and decent battery. Gutted. Really like the whole interface, and obvisouly activesync with outlook is a breeze.

So, anyway, Orange direct have agreed to undo the upgrade I took out 8 days ago. Now surfing the web and considering the Nokia 6600.

I dont wish to enter into the debate on whether we should wait for a fix or not - at the end of the day its a personal thing (and for us the battery life realy does have to last a day without charge with "reasonable" use. But I am adding my findings here for anyone who, like me, is using this forum to decide whether to buy or not.