i600 ONLY for corporate customers?!

Guest Skitals

Guest Skitals

I sent verizon and email regarding their data plans and the i600. Here's a snip of what I got back:

I am sorry, but at this time, we are only offering the Samsung I-600 to our Corporate customers who have 100 or more lines on their account.

All I can say is.... HUH??? Then why do they have it on their website and in the stores?

Guest Skitals

I was just asking what data plan I could add to my current plan as I was thinking about upgrading one of my lines to the i600.

I guess it explains why the phone isnt on the Upgrade Phone page when you login at verizonwireless. Maybe the price will drop when its in stores/available to the general public (without having to call that number to order it).

::shrugs::

Guest nickcornaglia

I dont see it on the upgrade page but I do see it on their list of phones to purchase page under zip code 08054.

I'd be leary(sp?) about what any one Verizon rep says. You usually need to try at least three times and then find two answers that match. :roll:

Guest Skitals

Yeah, thats the confusing part as the phone also shows up under my zip (19002). The reason I was emailing regarding the data plans is I hear of a $45 unlimited pda/smartphone data option but when I go through the whole order process I only see an $80 unlimited broadband/data option when I select the i600 and a new AC plan. That and the $5 /month VZW/MSN Mobile Web. I tried a california zip code for kicks and that one didnt even have the $80 unlimited data option. :roll:

Guest Skitals

Okay. I went to my local verizon store and spoke to someone. He dispelled the rumor.. or rather the info... the VZW customer service lady told me about the i600 only for corporate clients with over 100 lines. I ended up teaching him about the i600 and i700.

Now, at first he was just as confused about the data plans as I was. He told me I couldnt add the $44.99 unlimited data option to my current $20 line (which is part of my 3 line $39.99 AC Family Share Plan). He also didnt know is the $4.99 Mobile Web option uses the 1x network. He also didn't know what was restricted on the Mobile Web opposed the the $44.99 unlimited web.

He went in the back room to talk to someone and came back and told me I COULD add the data to my current line without having to start a new contract. Originally he was saying I would need to drop one of the phones, and start a seperate contract :roll:

Well I left knowing that I COULD upgrade to the i600 if I wanted and he would add any of the options I wanted to my current plan. So next I brought up how slow verizon is to bringing new phones to the market... that considering the i600 is BRAND NEW it's already running an outdated version of the SmartPhone platform. He told me it was because verizon extensively tests all the phones... so I came back with the fact that the caller id doesnt even work on their brand new $650 smartphone when you have too many contacts. He had nothing to say except if I found it cheaper anywhere else (he even suggested ebay) he would activate any cdma phone for me.

He did however tell me he heard about a new version of the samsung SmartPhone coming out with an integrated camera and everything. Wonder how long that will be, and how many bugs verizon will miss in their extensive testing :lol: Verizon is so picky about what phones they allow on their network, but I dont see why. GSM networks have no control over it, and there are no major problems.

Anyway... it was informative... for him :twisted:

• 1 month later...
Guest Malkie

If your calling plan is a voice plan then you can still download emails and surf only it is at the 1x cdma speed. the 44.99 plan for unlimited is for high speed wireless and i find unneccesary at this time. I too have three lines on a family share plan and the high speed plan is available to me but only on the i600 i.e. it is not a shareable plan -MaLkIe

Guest nickcornaglia

Thats not correct at all.

1x is short for 1xRTT which is Verizon's "high speed" data connection.

If you do not pay $44.95 for unlimited then you are either connecting thru a slow dialup connection (Quick2Net) or you have the Express Network connection (1x) that uses your phone's minutes.

Guest Malkie

you are correct in so far as the 1xRTT being the high speed con. I had assumed that the 1x in the upper header meant 'slow speed' con. when it is actually letting me know that 'high speed' is available if paid for. And I just assumed that the express network utilized cdma since the phone doesn't have native Wi-Fi or BT. Sorry. The transfer does seem to be timely. Do you mean to say transfers will be even faster when I start paying 44.99? SICK! Also I only use wireless on nights and weekends to save minutes. Thanx! -MalKiE Posted from my SmartPhone!