spv e200 it's not all bad

Guest gfreek

almost everybody in this forum has been slagging off the e200 with regards to battery life, buzzing, blutooth, t9, gprs auto disconect and email, so threfore i have decided address this issues with possible answers:-

1:- poor battery life solution charge the battery when it' the totally flat to the point the phone will not switch on, do this about 3-4 times you should see an increase batt life about 2 days.

2:- buzzing software problem not hardware because on my phone i only get buzzing problem when i dial 150 with all other calls no problem for the benefit of doubt i had my phone replaced with a new phone, had the same problem i agree with paul its software related so in the near future a software patch would solve that.

3:- blutooth again a softaware patch would solve that in the near future.

4:- t9, email and gprs all can be fixed with a software update, as you know you can manually dissconect from gprs if hold down the home key for more then 2 seconds and select 1.

other then all the above i still say the spv e200 is great phone compared to the previous 2 spv's i.e spv & spv e100.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Yes a great phone. But how are these problems really going to get fixed :?: You say an update which is correct yes, but will we ever get one. Just look at the 1.6 fiasco :shock: :!:

spacecowboy

Guest philg2000

I cant beleive that a few charges/discharges would increase battery capacity by over 100% I'm afraid. As per my other post, 6am to 3pm was the battery life I was getting, with just a few calls and few minutes use. I woul guess that a few charges/discharges might run that time out to about 6pm, maybe even 7pm, but thats still not good enough for me.

It's plausable - Most devices with internal, rechargeable batteries benefit from a few charge/discharge cycles. Battery life should get better with time (before eventually getting worse).

I had to charge the battery on my cordless homephone, uninterrupted, for 18hrs before I could use it. After that, I am supposed to run it flat every 6 months or so.

My current T68i has very good battery life (it's 13 months old) and I (quite often unintentionally) let it run until it dies, then recharge it.

It all depends on the battery technology (memory effect, etc), what battery does the E200 have?

when i said if you charge/discharge 3-4 times yes you do get

about
2 days or if you want to be precise exactly 1.7 days (38hrs), heres how:- few phone calls 15-20mins worth, blutooth switched off, make sure gprs is diconnected if not in use, screen saver mode turn off and keypad control none.

I have my phone turned on from 7am to 2am next day, in most cases get about 1-2 days worth of useage, in haevy usage about 15.5hrs.

Well the T68i has a once-in-a-lifetime battery, simply amazing from my experience as well :lol:

15-20 mins of talktime is almost like letting the phone sit on the table...

Guest Tomchap

Quote from Gfreek "t9, email and gprs all can be fixed with a software update, as you know you can manually dissconect from gprs if hold down the home key for more then 2 seconds and select 1."

Thanks alot GFREEK for posting this, ive been wondering how to turn the GPRS off since i got my phone a couple of days ago!! :oops:

I think the E200s great, and yes the batt life does suffer if everythings on, GPRS, BLUETOOTH etc, but im still happy with the phone, its very speedy and its a step up from the SPV and i still wouldnt have any other phone! :lol: sorry to the unlucky ones out there who have had problems, my e200s fine

Guest Leo_dee

I was disapointed with the battery life when I first got my E200. It seemed worse than my E100. But after using it for a few weeks now and completly discharging it before recharging it a few times it seems much better, about the same as the E100 really.