BT Headsets - lets compile a list of compatible devices

Guest h3adl0ng

No probs at all - believe it or not, it just works! (Maybe a slight hesitancy when I go to make or receive the first call after power-on, but I stress SLIGHT).

Something I've not had success with though is transferring an 'in progress' call between E200 and headset and vice-versa - don't know how much of a problem this is for you and it may be something I'm doing wrong or the E200 may simply not support it.

Just one point to add...I can only get about 4m from the phone before it starts getting a bit crackly - again not a problem really for me 'cos I only use the thing in the car or when I'm walking with my arms full so the phone is never more than 1m away from the headset.

Guest cvdbl

Thanks. This sounds much more promising than my experience with the BT200 (which so far as been great with my t68i).

I wish someone can confirm the plantronics M3000 performs just as well. CUrrently there is a much better deal on ebay for that one.

let me kow, guys!

C.

Guest 12speed

I too have got a miniblue £39.99 from the link....

very pleased with it but the charger blew up after two days but they changed it for a new one same day.

It is nice and small all the rest seem to big so you look like a Borg or you have just clocked out of micky dee's drive through. :)

distance is clear for up to about 2m but i just use it for the car all we need it BT Voice Dial and the phone would be sorted

Guest nickcornaglia

Bluetrek G2 headset works great.

-9 hours talk time

-cool looking

-and pretty cheap.

I bought mine on ebay for US$79.00 including:

-headset

-ac charger

-leather case

-free shipping

-car charger.

encece rating (out of 5): :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice encece... So do all the functions work??

Actually, what are all the functions on the Voyager in regards to B/T?

- Answer calls

- Can you use it for voice dialling if you buy a 3rd party software? (Vito / Fonix)?

I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts again after a few days use...

Guest markdotpeters5

starting to think my phone is dodgy! My blue mini is extremely crackly if anything over 30cm away from the phone! useless!

Guest simon11

I have the bt200. It works ok in my van. Not much look inside premises. It just breaks up all the time. Even when I am getting a strong signal on the phone. Could be electrical stuff messing up the signal?

I wouldn't buy another.

Simon.

I have an E200 and have tried Jabra BT200 and Sony Ericsson HBH 15 (I think that's the SE one I tried, anyway!).

Both were shockingly bad. If you move a tiny distance away from the phone or even put in your shirt pocket, it breaks up or even cuts out completely. I wish Icould find one that didn't; the Kondor looked promising until I read about the chargers constantly blowing up! Nice.

:cry:

Guest mikeyboy

I have the Motorola HS810 on my XPhone I find no problems with it whatsoever - I make sure that I slowly open the boom before using it and it connects quickly on both outgoing and incoming calls.

• 2 months later...
Guest t12345uk

I have a Sony Ericsson HBH65 and if its more than a metre away from the E200 its crackling, eg in my jacket pocket.

Using a Sony Ericsson P800 phone with the HBH-65 I can get 5 metres easy.

The bluetooth range in the E200 is screwed.

Orange have no fix for the E200, they have no P900 available and no Motorola MPx220's available..... rock and hard place? Definately!

Guest NeilStewart

Plantronics M3000 no longer compatible with E200 - and that's official from Plantronics CS.

I called to complain that mine actually turns itself off after about 80 secs per call. Now without even telling him what phone I use it with, he said he was going to guess I was using it with a relatively new E200 or one which has had the Orange software upgrade (correct, of course). He said the M3000 worked fine with the original Bluetooth stack pre-ROM upgrade, but now Orange have done something to the new Bluetooth stack (his words, not mine) which renders the headset virtually useless, so much so that Plantronics themselves are now saying the headset is not compatible with the E200.

All of which is a shame, because the call quality and range were excellent. Have since tried the Epox unit from Maplin (SHOCKINGLY poor range - should in my opinion be called Pox-e...) and now on Motorola HS801 from Carphone Warehouse. Will post results soon...

Guest NeilStewart

So, having tried Motorola HS801, I can say I'm not impressed - for two reasons. Not great range (maybe a metre at best?) and VERY uncomfortable, or it is on my ears anyway. That's going back or on eBay...

Finally, I've found the one that works for me. the Sony Ericsson HBH-35. Comfortable, great sound quality and - most importantly - good range. Highly recommended - got mine from a guy on eBay at £49.95 delivered (it's £99 at Carphone Warehouse); Sony Ericsson themselves are selling them for £54.

Go buy! :D

Guest t12345uk

I found the range on my HBH65 was superb on the P800 and P900 but shite on the E200 so it cant be the headset but the phone...... maybe the 35 has more power?