Availability of the Orange UK 1.61 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest Mr Orange

The final build of a new RUU tool and the 1.61 build have just been sent to Microsoft for NSTL approval, we are also in the process of testing the new RUU tool internally to ensure that their are no failures during the upgrade process.

The new RUU tool will ensure that user data is backed up before the update takes place and then restores the data back to the handset once the update is complete.

Therefore barring no natural disasters I fully expect the update to be available by Wednesday the 10th of Dec at the latest.

Guest Mr Orange
Well ill be happy if you stick to this date---if not there will be alot of very pissed off people. (sorry--more pissed off people)

Nothing in life is certain, NSTL could be hit by an earthquake etc. I wouldn't have posted the date if I wasn't very confident that it would be met.

Guest Mr Orange

I believe that a list of the changes in this update will be posted with the update, however I think Paul would also be able to shed some light on the changes that have been made as he has been using 1.61 for a while.

Number 1 of course is the updated MSN client.

New GSM radio stack.

Guest LAMBERTJ08

Still 10 days :!:

Sniff sniff... :lol:

If I have understand well, this update will make Erase IPSM but the RUU tool will make a BACKUP/RESTORE... It's that :?:

Guest Mr Orange
Will this update be available in other countries such as Switzerland or France?

I expect the Orange FR build to be available in the same time frame as the Orange UK build. With regards to the updates for NL DK and CH I have not yet had a confirmation on their availability.

As soon as I have some news you'll be the first to know.

Guest donniebrasco

Sweet :lol:

Once my SPV's back from repair the upgrade will be ready. Curses on the old nokia 5210 I have to use until then.

*Paul - any news on what else this upgrade will do for us?

Guest midnight

well, for a start it has a working sms char counter :lol:

and from my experience shows the egg timer much less often (if at all), and does seem faster, especially going through menus

Guest donniebrasco

Sounds all good. Speed was a bit of an issue once the phone had been modded in any way. GPRS fix will be welcome with the new stack and MSN is much missed.

and from my experience shows the egg timer much less often (if at all), and does seem faster, especially going through menus

Thanks midnight...

I could have boiled a million eggs when I keep seeing that egg timer.....I am looking forward to a change of diet :lol: :D :)

Guest superkingdave

At least this staement from the Christmas issue of the Orange Brochure will be true from 10th Dec

"Did you know that you can keep in touch with all your friends online by using MSN Messenger on your SPV E100"

:lol:

Guest mattscholey

See, now we've been given a date, we're all happy. It may be 10 days away, but atleast we know it's coming, and we aren't vaguely wondering when, if at all, the update will ever turn up.

Improved speed sounds very promising, as that has been my main gripe with my phone. And MSN will be great when we've got it back.

Is there a fix for the GPRS dialling problem in the update?

Thanks,

Matt