Availability of the Orange UK 1.61 Build

Guest Mr Orange

Guest Paul [MVP]

Sorry, been away today...

Key benefits for me are the updated Messenger, and the new Radio Stack...

NO MORE DIALLING... STICKS! :lol:

SMS counter is great of course, not sure about the T9 bug, and the overall speed is much improved!

P

Guest awarner [MVP]
Mr. Orange, could you clarify which models this update will be for? Is it just the E100 / SPV or is it directed also at the E200?

Cheers.

SPV and E100 only as it's designed for HTC Smartphone 2002 models and not 2003

Guest HurricaneDave

hey paul you should be carefull posting pictures like that :!:

talking on your phone whilst driving is illegal and as for taking pictures with it :D :)

theyd throw away the key :lol:

Guest rolywalter

Hey Paul MVP, so what happened to your E200??!! Don't tell me you've given up and gone back to the E100?

p.s. I have NO intention of starting a E200/E100 debate here, I just like doing what other people who know about this stuff do :lol:

Guest hecatae

Posted from my SmartPhone! wondering if the orange update will be worth it, i'm finally back on i mate and it's faster quicker and nicer than 1.6.3. think i will wait for the i mate update and getting a motorola mpx in the meantime.

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Posted from my SmartPhone!  wondering if the orange update will be worth it, i'm finally back on i mate and it's faster quicker and nicer than 1.6.3. think i will wait for the i mate update and getting a motorola mpx in the meantime.

I wouldn't like to dissapoint you, hecatae, but PPCW.Net will NOT be offering new ROM updates for i-mate to EVERYBODY - but just to those who bought there the "i-mate" phone. So if you have E100 and not "i-mate", then you won't be able to download it!

I was also counting on it but Arne from PPCW.Net told me something like "ROM upgrades gonna be ONLY for PPCW.NET customers, upon logging in". So ... Orange is the only hope.

Guest www.msmobiles.com
The final build of a new RUU tool and the 1.61 build have just been sent to Microsoft  

Therefore barring no natural disasters I fully expect the update to be available  by Wednesday the 10th of Dec at the latest.

Short question: will I be able to aply this update on "Orange SPV" phone (the old one, not E100) ???

Guest azamsaghir

Does the update improve battery life on the E100?

I have not had the privilege of testing the E200 but in terms of overall speed performance/useability now how close are the E200 & E100 (ROM 1.6 update)?

Very much looking forward to installing the update and thank you for providing an estimated release date for the update.

Cheers

Azam

Guest Mr Orange
Mr. Orange, could you clarify which models this update will be for? Is it just the E100 / SPV or is it directed also at the E200?

Cheers.

This update is for SPV and SPVe100 only.

I wouldn't like to dissapoint you, hecatae, but PPCW.Net will NOT be offering new ROM updates for i-mate to EVERYBODY - but just to those who bought there the "i-mate" phone. So if you have E100 and not "i-mate", then you won't be able to download it!

I was also counting on it but Arne from PPCW.Net told me something like "ROM upgrades gonna be ONLY for PPCW.NET customers, upon logging in". So ... Orange is the only hope.

Qtek have also indicated that they are working on a 1.6x update, so there's still hope left :wink:

Guest MARKUKCOUK

I know ive given mr orange a hard time recently, but im not gonna hide away and pretend i never said anything - i admit, hes come through today, and i was wrong :lol:

very good news

Guest Shuflie

He promised news, and we got news. That's keeping a promise and coming through. Anything else is now up to Microsoft testing and the people actually responsible at Orange for getting the update to everyone.

Guest mattie01

without wanting to sound too dumb, what does this mean to the newbie?

as i've only just 2 weeks ago got my first smartphone, so i aint really up on what this upgrade is?

i am guessing it is like a firmware upgrade?

to patch bugs/issues?

but then from the what i read about it fixing the msn prob on the older phones (i have a e200) this would seem to be something that would need to be fixed in the o/s not the firmware?

any advise for a newbie liek me on what this is and why i should use it would be great thanks

Guest hecatae

what is this PPCW.NET?

I'm referring to www.imate.com

Guest Richie M
(i have a e200)  

any advise for a newbie liek me on what this is and why i should use it would be great thanks

you shouldnt use it, its for SPV and E100 :lol:

Guest siu99spj

Short question: will I be able to aply this update on "Orange SPV" phone (the old one, not E100) ???

Of course you can. The E100 is just the original SPV in a fancy skin with a better screen. Otherwise they're identical.

I for one am wondering whether this new RUU will limit us even more in going (back) to other ROM versions having installed the 1.61.. :evil:

This would be very disappointing (speaking for myself).. Any of the mods care to shed some light on this (if they know) :?:

Guest morpheus2702
He promised news, and we got news. That's keeping a promise and coming through. Anything else is now up to Microsoft testing and the people actually responsible at Orange for getting the update to everyone.

I can promise you news on a regular basis. Doesn't necessarily mean it will be true though.

There have been too many false dawns to start sucking d*** just yet.

Guest awarner [MVP]
I for one am wondering whether this new RUU will limit us even more in going (back) to other ROM versions having installed the 1.61..  :evil:  

This would be very disappointing (speaking for myself).. Any of the mods care to shed some light on this (if they know)  :?:

As stated before the bootloader on this build will prevent you downgrading it for SIM unlocking.

Guest Shuflie
I can promise you news on a regular basis.  Doesn't necessarily mean it will be true though.

I didn't say that the news given should be taken as gospel, just that it was given as promised. Come to think of it I don't remember Mr. Orange speculating on a firm release date before though so perhaps there might actually be some glimmer of hope with this bit of news. I'm not really all that bothered either way since the SPV has become my backup phone now that I've got an MPx200.