Cool features of the Platronics headset?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I've managed to pair the Plastronics M3000 BlueTooth headset with both my XDA2 AND my E200.

I can make / receive calls on either and have the headset activate.

Now THAT'S cool!

P

Hi Paul,

I've got the Plantronics M3000 paired to my E200, but I cannot seem to get the Headset Profile to activate.

I also notice that with an incoming call, the E200 rings a few times before I here the ringiing in my ear. (Around 10-15 secs) :cry:

And I cannot dial the last No. called by pressing the Call Control on the M3000. (Even theough the M3000 manual says I should be able to :cry:

I'm thinking that this is due to the Headset Profile not becoming active :?

My headset profile does work if I plug in the wire option provided with the fone :!:

Any ideas, could I have a faulty E200 or M3000 :?:

Guest jonblakeburn

Hmm... I was going to order one of the M3000, but now that jscotl has reported some problems, I don't know whether or not I should.

Has your headset been alright Paul? Judging by the number of posts you've made on the headset you must be loving it!

:lol:

Guest h3adl0ng

Hi guys,

I believe that this is the difference between "headset" and "handsfree" bluetooth profiles. Most headsets support both, but it appears the E200 only supports "headset" (not sure if this is the correct term, but either way, the E200 only supports the profile with the lower functionality).

From what I can gather, "headset" provides basic functionality such as answer/end/volume; whereas "handsfree" provides more functionality like voice dial/last number redial etc.

Also, it appears that when the phone is paired with a BT headset, it simply passes the call to the headset, and the headset profile on the phone is only activated when a headset lead is plugged into the socket (remembering the days of dust in the switch causing my original SPV to get stuck in headset mode ;-))

To Conclude - it seems that regardless of which headset you buy, you will only be able to use answer/end/volume - until MS/Orange decide to provide support for the Bluetooth "handsfree" profile.

HTH

h3adl0ng

I did not mean to put jonblakeburn off the M3000 - I'm actually quite happy :lol: with it & the people I talk to using it (in the car) have commented about how clear the call is) :D

Guest snakeeater
I did not mean to put jonblakeburn off the M3000 - I'm actually quite happy  :lol: with it & the people I talk to using it (in the car) have commented about how clear the call is) :D

Yeah I have one too and I am very pleased with it. The call quality seems clearer than using the actual phone by itself!

Id recommend it to anyone. Very pleased.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest casper508

I can't seem to transfer calls to/from the headset. Pressing and holding the CAll Control button terminates the call instead of transfering it.

Anyone having similar problem or is it my headset?

Cas

Guest Thurstan
Does this mean that Fonix won't work with the Plantronic M3000?

And if not does it work with any BT headset? or just the ear piece supplied?

Fonix won't work with the M3000 and two other BT headsets I've tried. And no, (post above) you can't transfer the call back to the E200 by holding the button down - it cuts you off.

I think all this is due to the limitations of the E200, as the Plantronics is a mighty fine headset. Despite the problems I love it.

Now if only someone could write some software to maximise the SPV's bluetooth functionality...