MPx200 - External LCD Screen

Guest FrankyG

Yes, it should do this automatically but you need to have your phone numbers stored in the +44xxxxxxxxx format. If you look in the software section or www.monolithix.org you'll find a little tool which will do this for you, Outlook Tools I believe it's called. Oh, it actually formats your contacts in Outlook on your PC, then you sync with your phone.

I noticed the phone displays contact names automatically on the external screen...and it was a nice suprise too.

Have just read on the MPx forum and found/used a reg tweak that allows custom image...or name etc name.....logo on the external screen too. Well impressed!!

Have formatted all contacts with +44 but some still not showing properly on the external screen! I seem to get the Network operator name instead of the contact name!

Any ideas out there?

Guest FrankyG
Does anyone know how to make the light on the exterior LCD screen stay on a little longer on the MPX200. It only stays on for a few seconds.

Cheers

I've searched through the registry for a clue but don't see anything, maybe someone else will :?: looks at Midnight :lol:

One option, although, not a perfect fix, is to also store the people that most frequently call you in the SIM card.

Like I said, it's not perfect becuase, 1, you have to take an extra step when storing name's and numbers in your phone, and 2, the SIM card is limited to 250 numbers, so you'll have to pick and choose if you have more than that in your Contacts database.

For me, this has allowed the contact specific ring tone option to function properly most of the time.

You can just import directly from the Contacts database, but just so you know, the name associated with the number in the SIM doesn't have to match the one in the Contacts database, just the number needs to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest purplebadger
Does anyone know how to make the light on the exterior LCD screen stay on a little longer on the MPX200. It only stays on for a few seconds.

Cheers

Was a solution ever found to this problem?

Guest Shuflie
Have formatted all contacts with +44 but some still not showing properly on the external screen! I seem to get the Network operator name instead of the contact name!

Any ideas out there?

Only works with the flip closed.

Guest actionj
One option, although, not a perfect fix, is to also store the people that most frequently call you in the SIM card.

Like I said, it's not perfect becuase, 1, you have to take an extra step when storing name's and numbers in your phone, and 2, the SIM card is limited to 250 numbers, so you'll have to pick and choose if you have more than that in your Contacts database.

For me, this has allowed the contact specific ring tone option to function properly most of the time.

You can just import directly from the Contacts database, but just so you know, the name associated with the number in the SIM doesn't have to match the one in the Contacts database, just the number needs to.

This is what I am probably going to do, but don't all numbers show up as duplicates with scrolling through your numbers? I know the sim card version would have the sim card symbol next to them but it just seems really redundant and annoying

Guest hvilorio

I don't get any Caller ID information on my External LCD. All my numbers are in the +1(area code) format and my style is set to 2. Flip to answer is set to ON. I have let the phone ring until voice mail picks up and I don't get a number nor a name on the External LCD. Any help? :?:

Guest hvilorio

I don't get any Caller ID information on my External LCD. All my numbers are in the +1(area code) format and my style is set to 2. Flip to answer is set to ON. I have let the phone ring until voice mail picks up and I don't get a number nor a name on the External LCD. Any help? :?:

• 6 months later...