New E200 - Whats your constructive, definitive opinion ?

Guest nigels

Hello guys.

I am a very new E200 owner, and so am new to this forum .. be gentle !

I am really interested to know your opinions on aspects of the E200.

I must say that I agree with the poeple on here who think there is a little too much negativity recently - believe me I have read all the posts and came away a little suisidal looking at some of the E200 problems !

The posts on here have been invaluable - thanks to all who contribute as there is a wealth of information (good and bad !).

The point of my post is ....

My E200 also has the buzzing / poor call quality problem. I must admit that when I initially heard the phone, the call quality sounded OK to me - I have had many, many different handsets in the past, and the SPV sounded a little mufled and 'basey'. My opinion changed sharply when I called orange cs (150) - the buzzing was very bad here, almost to the point of baing inaudible. I have also had reports from friends that my voice cuts in and out while talking.. this is a concern too. Another more serious problem that I had was when the phone just didnt accept inwards calls, or make outwards ones. I had to turn the phone off to get it working again. This is a bit of a worry as outwardly the phone seemed fine as it hadnt frozen or crashed - I was completely unaware that I was 'off the air'.

I am hyper-critical of phones and other consumer goods - I believe I should expect a product to be 100% right, and working perfectly. As a number of you have alluded to the fact that there may be a dodgy batch of E200s, I have decided to get a replacement from Orange. This arrives this morning.

I think the E200 is great - a really good phone - and I agree with the majority of you that the bugs, which certainly are present, can and will be ironed out in the future with phone updates. By the way, on that point, how do you become aware of an update being available ? Do you have to keep checking the Orange Update function to see ?

back to the point....

Has anyone who has sent their phone back to orange to cure the bad sound quality actually had a good replacement ? One that has caused the problem to completely disappear ? I am concerned that I am about to embark on a cycle of sending the phone back to Orange time and time again. I would like to think that I have a chance of getting a working phone.

I know alot of you have had the problem time and again, and If I see that pattern emerging, then I will very reluctantly have to us Orange's 'DMR' (different model replacement) option, which you are entitled to after the phone had had the SAME fault 3 times in a row.

I look forward to hearaing your opinions !

Update....

Phone just arrived... unfortunately the identical problem exists - still a really bad buzzing on dialing 150. Very disappointing.

I suppose I must phone Orange once again :-(

Still really interested in your experiences though - do I resign myself to 'going through the motions' 3 times in a row and replacing the handset ?

As good as the E200 is... and believe me I do like it... It's most basic function should be making clear audible calls !... if it cant do that then even the most elaborate 'bells and whistles' will not distract me !

.. look forward to your responses.

Guest Leo_dee

Ive had my phone changed and the new one is a little better, not 100% though but ive decided to stick with it as Im not sure that its going to get much better!

Overall I am very happy with my E200. For the most part its a great improvement over the E100 and the original SPV. What annoys me more than the problems with the phone is Orange not being able to accept that there are any!

Ive had my phone changed and the new one is a little better, not 100% though but ive decided to stick with it as Im not sure that its going to get much better!

Overall I am very happy with my E200. For the most part its a great improvement over the E100 and the original SPV. What annoys me more than the problems with the phone is Orange not being able to accept that there are any!

I personally think this is wrong to do, even though I also loved the E200, I will keep returning it until the buzzing is gone or I get my money back PERIOD!

What O is doing just makes the whole thing worse, no?

This is quite possibly the worst example of a corporate screwup I've ever seen. Orange MUST be aware that the e200 is full of bugs. They MUST have had to replace SO MANY handsets within the first 2 weeks. Therefore, they MUST be aware of the fact that the phone is being shipped SUBSTANDARD.

I've now been added to the 'tech support' waiting list. This is a total disgrace. I can't use the phone for making calls - this is my 2nd replacement which buzzes so badly, that speaking on it is more annoying than it's worth. However many bugs there may be in a phone, if it can't make bloody phonecalls, then it should be replaced immediately, with no question.

The only reason I'm not changing networks immediately is because the e200 is only available on Orange, & can't be sim-unlocked.

& still no comment from Orange / Mr. Orange on this site. Unfortunately for us, I firmly believe that Orange is aware that most smartphone users would still rather have an SPV that doesn't work properly, than any other phone. It is a shame for us that such a good product is being ruined by such totally inadequate support. If I worked for MS, I'd have serious reservations about using Orange as the flagship company for the smartphone. I think if things do not improve very quickly from Orange, then I for one, will be forced to look at other handsets, on other networks.

I LOVE the SPV range. I have had a great year as a smartphone user (even with all the problems). But this is just getting to be too much.

Guest spacecowboy6982

My 2 Cents.

It must be costing them a fortune. To be honest I didnt see any reason for them to release the phone this early other than a pre-xmas sales rush and would have been happy with the 1.6 up until January time. Maybe then, once released we would never have been discussing this problem :?:

Other than that, I am content with my purchase. Possibly the best mobile phone around just now and woulnt swap it for anything else (even if the p900 ran Windows Mobile :D :!:lol:

spacecowboy

Guest leo-balou

I've just some off the phone with the business side of orange having told them - despite being on my second E200 - that the buzzing noise is unacceptable.

The guy I spoke with didn't seem to know about this problem at all.

He did say (off the record) that as with hi-fi speaker sometimes they need to be "broken-in". Quite what that means I don't know. He seemed to think that if I used the phone for a while the problem would go away.

Fortunately with being a business customer I can replace the phone if considered faulty when ever I want so I'm going to hang onto it for a bit and see if the noise goes away.

I'm not holding my breath mind!! :oops: :lol:

The guy I spoke with didn't seem to know about this problem at all.

He did say (off the record) that as with hi-fi speaker sometimes they need to be "broken-in". Quite what that means I don't know. He seemed to think that if I used the phone for a while the problem would go away.

Orange CS seem to have a habit of trying to fob you off with the most ridiculous things they can think of off the top of their heads. I make a habit of taking a name & ext. number in these cases, so that when speaking to the supervisor, I can quote verbatim, & tell them who said what. My experience of OCS is that it totally depends who you speak to as to what response you get. Afetr yesterday being told there was no way to override the 'tech' support' action, I had it overridden today & am being sent another replacement tomorrow.

Orange CS is definately the most disorganised dept. I have ever dealt with. They consistently fail to recognise the problems that exist in their organisation.

Ah, who cares!! I'll just keep getting new handsets until I get one that works. Simple. Orange lose money, I lose nothing!! :wink:

Losing money is the ONLY form of COMMUNICATION this company seems to understand - & I for one, am perfectly happy to oblige them! :twisted: