Dead pixels

Guest jordy

After deciding to keep the phone with the problems your all familiar with (buzzing etc.) I have noticed one dead pixel when the screen is displaying a black background.

Anyone else?

Going to see about getting a replacement handset.

Just keep reminding myself

...its only a phone...

Guest IanBlackburn

I had a single dead pixel on my second e200. I could see it most clearly when taking a photo. Orange changed it for a complete new phone, new battery, box the lot, since I was within 28 days of my upgrade.

Guest kyrkesmith

Wonder what happens if you ask for a replacement - monitor manufacturers won't usually replace screens for dead pixels - it's just one of those things with LCDs, they say. IanBlackburn - did they say what happens if you're outside your 28 days (obviously no E200 owner is going to be yet).

Dead pixels are fine until you notice them, then they become incredibly annoying.

Thanks Ian,

I'll send the phone back but it's a bit of a pain as its from OneStopShop, requiring them to receive the phone before issuing a replacement.

I suppose it might be better to cancel (within 14 days) and order a new phone, hence new 14 day period.

Still happy with the phone, boss not too pleased to catch me playing Monkey Island 2 earlier though... :lol:

Guest kyrkesmith

Is that the over the air one, where they don't actually ask you anything, and don't touch the phone? Or is it the one where they ask you silly questions over and over again?

Did they say whether it was the buzzing or the dead pixel that made if faulty, or both?

Hmmmm a little off topic but a lot of monitor manufacturers/LCD manufacturers now do offer a limited warranty for dead pixels as manufacturing techniques & screen technology has gotten better with mass production... My own TFT monitor can be replaced for somthing like 3 dead pixels in 1000

Yep ,over the phone.

I stated two problems, buzz and dead pixel.

Reply: You phone has been identified as faulty,

Asked: What fault?

Reply: The screen has come up as a fault on the system (diagnostic seems to mean if a then answer is x, if b then answer is y etc. nothing more advanced),

Asked if they had any other customer complaints for e220, "no sir this is in fact the first one - all spvs are very good phones

Typical of phone support and not really a problem - not sure on the salary but i think, not a job I would like to be doing

Yep ,over the phone.

Reply: The screen has come up as a fault on the system (diagnostic seems to mean if a then answer is x, if b then answer is y etc. nothing more advanced),

Asked if they had any other customer complaints for e220, "no sir this is in fact the first one - all spvs are very good phones

Typical of phone support and not really a problem - not sure on the salary but i think, not a job I would like to be doing

What a stupid thing...

I think I will find a more 'honest' provider. Sad story they have to lie about it, instead of telling people and fixing it.

I don't think they have a fix for the buzzing issue yet, except give out more faulty handsets??? Also stupid I think.

Hope they find a solution though, soon, for all affected customers.

Cheers.

Yep ,over the phone.

What a stupid thing...

I think I will find a more 'honest' provider. Sad story they have to lie about it, instead of telling people and fixing it.

I don't think they have a fix for the buzzing issue yet, except give out more faulty handsets??? Also stupid I think.

Hope they find a solution though, soon, for all affected customers.

Cheers.

Guest IanBlackburn
did they say what happens if you're outside your 28 days (obviously no E200 owner is going to be yet).

Sorry didn't mention it.

One incredible fact was they were able to do the diagnostics on my phone even though it was out of signal and I was talking to them on a landline. It's amazing this Intertechyweb thing isn't it? :lol:

Its probably more like the NHS direct online illness diagnoser,

Take 2 paracetamol and if symptoms persist consult Orange

Seriuosly, a simple yes/ no system of identified or potential problems is most likely

I'm on my second e200, first one went back for unbearable buzzing, & now this one buzzes even worse & has the dead pixel!! :evil:

However, now I've been told it has to be 'investigated' by tech support!! Which I am feckin raging about!! :evil: :evil: I mean, I got the first phone yesterday, & it was diagnosed faulty, but today it need to be investigated for the same fault, plus a second fault! I think that means that Orange are now aware of the problems, coz they've probably had to issue so many replacements they've run out of stock & have instructed CS to stall all complaints with tech support, til they can get some that work.

If the e200 was available on ANY other network - I'd switch (as soon as I get a handset that works). & take great pleasure in telling Orange to stick their contract where the sun don't shine ... :evil: