E200 Skins

Guest kiddybaggie

Guest kiddybaggie

Here's a nice simple one to answer.

Has anyone put a new skin up on there E200, tried a few of my older ones and they made the screen go a bit funny and the arrangement of icons all wrong putting them all over the place.

If they are not compatable, has anyone developed any skins for the E200 yet or shall I continue to plough through the old ones looking for one that works?

Go on, someone put a nice one up for me! :lol:

I've only tried my own Alan Partridge skin on my app unlocked e200 but that worked fine, in fact it worked better than my e100 as the shutdown screen worked! :lol:

Guest AdrianFRST

I'm working on this Pocket PC style one:

ppc2003_cap.jpg

It's currently using the class IDs for Windows Mobile 2002. I've got the 2003 id's, which include enhancements like end time for the calendar, but it appears to ignore x y positioning.

I also need to do something with the missed call plugin before I release this.

Guest statscat

I think you will find the enhancement you speak of are orange provided (the clsid Id traces back to the orange sll), and orange plugins don't tend to support the x and y co-ordinates.

MS didn't do any new plugins at all........so I am glad Orange did, but you need to bare in mind that only E200 phone will support that plugin, so you might want to do an non Orange version for the other operators.

Guest rolywalter

Has anyone thought of any skins which make use of Windows 2003's ability to have sub-sections. I.e. an improvement on the Orange menu? I've been using the standard Orange skin and I think it's quite useful, although i'd prefer the time and date to be on every page. I also hate those rubbish Orange icons.

Anyone thought of doing something like this but making use of some of those other excellent plug-ins developed here, like the media player and the task plug in?