DVD to Smartphone Software

Guest Pagemakers

Guest fraser

Well, it seems to be complaining about lameACM. AFAIK, lame is a part of the audio encoding system, so you could maybe try using a different audio codec. There are several for mp3. Remember to cut the sample rate and bitrate down, as well as make it mono, in order to get good results.

Guest vinterbird

I have been looking around the internet, and I have found this guide to make DVD´s into a format PocketTV can handle.

http://www.spv4u.co.uk/spv4u/DVD/DVD.htm

Has anyone tried this guide? I have, but when I come to the TMPGE part, it says that my D2V is unsupported.

If anyone please could help me, because I am getting rather anoyied over this program.

Guest rogerbates
I have been looking around the internet, and I have found this guide to make DVD´s into a format PocketTV can handle.

Has anyone tried this guide? I have, but when I come to the TMPGE part, it says that my D2V is unsupported.

If anyone please could help me, because I am getting rather anoyied over this program.

You need to have the VFAPI plugin for this to work. You may have it already, to find out open TMPGEnc under option--> Environmental Settings--> There should be an option called VFAPI Plugin.

If you do have it make sure that DVD2AVI Project File Reader is ticked.

If you don't the latest version comes with it and can be downloaded for free here

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

Guest darren22

I have used this guide and it worked first time with Monsters DVD (for my daughter before you ask). However, only issue appears the further I get into the film it loses lip sync. Is this normal and should I break up the conversion into the separate VOB files to prevent this issue?

Guest vinterbird

Sounds strange, because your using DVD2AVI wich makes a AC3 Audio, I have tried it with two movies, and they both have it perfectly synced.

Try lowerning the framerate maybe.

• 1 month later...
Guest patelp2

People People People......check out www.makayama.com

Software = DVDtoPocketPC........however I have written to him and confirms that MPx200 is not powerful enough to run the converted movie file.

The software (trial 5 mins of copying - free download) encodes the whole DVD movie into .wmv format (series 9) and boasts a whole DVD can be converted into 128mb .wmv file....And yes in a couple of clicks its all done.

Hope that this helps all you peeps!

If anyone can confirm that they have the full version of DVDtoPocketPc and that they can view a converted movie on Mpx200 please let us know.

Rgds..

Guest amzchhabra

The program you are all looking for is called DVD to PocketPC. This can be found in demo format on Handango Site. I have tried the demo, excellent results, its $24.99 USD for this program.

Amz

• 2 months later...
Guest schriss

Maybe MPx200 is not powerful enough, but Mitac Mio 8390 running at 300MHz should be enough :D I'm definitely going to try DVD to PocketPC ;)

I wonder how does it compare to Windows Media Encoder? Results should be comparable, and WME supports profiles, so after some tweaking it will be just click and go too, but for free.