Advice needed - stuck with buzzing, yellow screened E200

Guest sgilder1

Guest sgilder1

Well, I was one of the "lucky", first new owners of an E200 (from OnestopPhoneshop) and whilst happily surprised by the speed and features of the handset, I was dismayed to discover the buzzing noise being experienced by other users.

I organised a replacement through Orange Care, and the next day a shiny new SPV arrived sporting the same (or slightly worse?) buzzing noise as the original. No problem, I thought, "simply arrange for another, bound to get a good one soon".

My third phone in a week arrived from OC - this time not only do I have buzzing, but the screen is significantly worse than the first two, with a yellow tinge added to anything white.

Orange have now passed my case onto technical support. They won't send a replacement, and Onestop won't replace the phone without Orange's consent because I am past 14 days. In the meantime, I am left with a SPV (sound, picture, video) phone that can't play sound due to distortion or show graphics due to colour problems.

What are my options? All I want is my money back, and sad to say (as an original SPV owner), I will probably wait until the rumoured Motorola with camera, or SendoX arrives. Surely I have some cause for recompense given that I have a phone that is not fit for purpose?

Any thoughts welcome!

How did you manage to get replacements from OC when OSS require you to ssend the phone plus al contents back and wait for a replacement (have to send the sim as well so can't use it in another phone while waiting for the replacement)

Had you taken out orange care separately?

Guest sgilder1

I didn't want to wait the quoted 20 days for an exchange from OSPS since I use my phone for work. Orange will issue new "emergency" Orange Care for (I think) £25 one-off fee and then £5/month for 12 months.

I always wanted Orange Care rather than the OSPS insurance, and considering courier fees would have added up to more, I was happy to pay!

However, am still stuck with an even worse phone than the original.... :x

Thanks for the info.

What about the 12 month manufacturers warranty on the handset?.

It seems a little daft to have to pay all the courier fees for OSPS or pay the fee for Orange care.

Who is liable for replacing a faulty phone consdiering it has an Orange logo on the front?

Guest IanBlackburn
Surely I have some cause for recompense given that I have a phone that is not fit for purpose?

Absolutley. They can't change your statutory rights. If the phone is faulty then they must replace or give you your money back...