Gnuboy Update?

Guest digsusdinner

Guest digsusdinner

This gonna sound really cheeky, but is there any chance of gnuboy being updated with an option to flip the screen like on the snes emulator? I've got fat fingers and can't play any games properly!

Cheers

Guest spacemonkey

Hmmm... never realised this was an in demand thing.

The main reason various emulators and progs flip sideways is to get more useable resolution, but since gnuboy allready runs at full gameboy resolution I've never bothered...

I'll make a note and consider doing this.

Guest digsusdinner

Space Monkey,

Thats fair enough, and thanks for the speedy response.

Gnuboy is ace, I can't get enough of mario golf and tetris, so thanks for taking the time out to program it in the first place. You really are the Daddy.

Maybe, as I know you've posted the source code, another programmer with F.F.S (Fat Finger Syndrome) can have a go at doing the flip screen thing for me!

Cheers!

Just installed Gnuboy But cant seem to find an exit all it does is it goes to the roms on the phone,i have an e200 if that helps and ive pressed every button and it still wont exit,Thanks

Just installed Gnuboy But cant seem to find an exit all it does is it goes to the roms on the phone,i have an e200 if that helps and ive pressed every button and it still wont exit,Thanks

Press the record button.

is ther anyway to make the emulator run a bit smother.. i got bigg problems with the game slcking of... i got a qtek7070 hmm that would bee E100 i think....

Guest spacemonkey

Not much chance of speeding it up without a lot of work and maybe not even then... not really a task I'm too interested in I'm afraid.

However, the performance is really dependant on what game you are playing. Games like zelda, dragon warriors, final fantasy, pokemon, stranded kids ie, RPG style games, work really well, other than that it's just a case of trying them and seeing what you like.

Also, black and white games in general will run faster than colour ones.

Guest phonesmarts

i was just wondering...

Should the gnuboy be in an SD card? for some unknown reason, gnuboy crashes when i boot up a game. i currently have it in the ipsm

Yeah but on the e200 it launches the camera app,is their anyway to stop this.

It launches the camera app with a quick press. If you hold it down for a few seconds it should exit :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest calvin03

i tried using GNUBOY..

but i can't hear any sounds from the rom that i'm playing..

is it normal or what ?

some more i can't exit the app at all...since my phone i can't find the record button..i'm using a MPX200

Guest phonesmarts

for the sound, there should be (if you turn it on using the menu)

as for the record button, its on the side of the phone (top-left) its a jog dial. there has been some debate about the bad placement of it and the fact that its hard to press, but to activate recording mode, press DOWN on the jog dial. there should be a menu at the bottom of the screen that has FILE/KEYS.

Guest luvcmaru

hi i have a smart amazing phone and just downloaded final fantasy II on gnuboy m just wondering why is it that i can only save three times? and everytime i open the gnuboy i have to erase the file .000 so icould run the game pls help

• 3 years later...
Guest datrueAM

PLZ guys i am practiclly beggin over here.

can one of you guys tell me how i can get my saved file to run on the gnuboy

I save usin the games save points (the legend of zelda oracle of ages/seasons) i save when it prompts me to save

when i try to open it it does nothing.

and when i am playing a game i cant use the menu (example: like to load a rom or conig buttons)

it would be nice if i could do that so i can just click save state

PLZ help me ive asked every site on the net for an answer to this.

p.s.: i have the WM 5 t-mobile dash. i know my way around it pretty good. i have it unlocked.

THANXS FOR UR HELP!

p.s.s.: idk if we can post the actual rom sites but ill try if i break the rules plz plz plz message me i dont wanna get delted becuase im tryin to help ppl.

the site is www.romhustler.net

Guest mikeeey
PLZ guys i am practiclly beggin over here.

can one of you guys tell me how i can get my saved file to run on the gnuboy

I save usin the games save points (the legend of zelda oracle of ages/seasons) i save when it prompts me to save

when i try to open it it does nothing.

and when i am playing a game i cant use the menu (example: like to load a rom or conig buttons)

it would be nice if i could do that so i can just click save state

PLZ help me ive asked every site on the net for an answer to this.

p.s.: i have the WM 5 t-mobile dash. i know my way around it pretty good. i have it unlocked.

THANXS FOR UR HELP!

p.s.s.: idk if we can post the actual rom sites but ill try if i break the rules plz plz plz message me i dont wanna get delted becuase im tryin to help ppl.

the site is

nope, cant post rom sites, might wanna delete that before u get warned by a moderator for it

Guest kburkhart84

I hate to hijack this topic a little, but since the author of said program responded here and I get no response from the topic of the program itself, I'll try anyway.

I wanted to try this program on my dash, but i have windows Vista on my PC. The download is an installer which installs the program on your phone for you, but using activesync. If it doesn't use Activesync, it won't install without activesync installed, using it or not. The problem is that windows Vista no longer uses activesync to do the dirty work, rather it is integrated into Vista OS as is. You can't install activesync at all, but the gnuboy installer doens't try to use Vista to do it, and it won't do anything for me without activesync. Would it be possible for someone(preferably the author spacemonkey) to post the .exe and necesary stuff so I could try to install it manually.

Or if someone has already tried this emulator on the dash and can say that it doesn't work, I guess that's fine too and I would look elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for whoever can help me!!!

• 5 weeks later...